Herbal Life nay or yay

Options
Topic of discussion for the night does herbal life shows results? Yes or no. Please explain the reason why? Thanks.

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    No. Gimmick. Eat food.
  • inbluedresses
    Options
    I have had wonderful results using only 2 of their products and working with a Wellness Coach for the past 3 months. Just like any other weight loss/nutritional supplement, individual results will vary and it shouldn't be viewed as the "be all end all" or "quick fix"; the products work best when coupled with healthy eating habits, and are accelerated with exercise. If you're interested and near a nutrition club, go in and chat with a Wellness Coach :)
  • Dupas1962
    Dupas1962 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am trying to figure out if I take one shake instead of two while working out and eating right will I see change?
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If you have an acceptable calorie deficit, then you will see change.
    No need to waste money on products.
    No need to starve.

Please see this thread :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Take care. xx
  • inbluedresses
    Options
    No need to starve.

The money I spend each month on the two products I use is nearly the same as what I would spend on groceries for the meal I replace with them. I never used to be able to eat straight away in the morning (it would make me nauseous), but after only a week or so of having the shake within 15-20 minutes of waking up, I now wake up looking forward to having it for breakfast. Also, since much of their program is based around making sure you get your necessary protein, and because fruits and veggies are considered "free", I NEVER feel like I'm starving.

As far as 1 or 2 shakes a day, I'd say stick with 1 and really make sure you're getting your required amount of protein. Having a second shake isn't necessarily going to speed up your results, but making sure you get your protein and water in will!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Three words:

Multi

Level

Marketing.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    No need to starve.

Please see this thread :

http://myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Take care. xx

Amen
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    No need to starve.

Please see this thread :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Take care. xx
    Awesome thread, and there's a newer version here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0

As for the Herbal Life stuff - I honestly have no idea, but when these things come up, whether they have worked for some people or not is never my first question....my first question is always, "can I do this for the rest of my life?".

The info in the link I posted is something I CAN and will do for the rest of my life. No products, no ordering special things, no temporary diet. Just good old food and enough of it to fuel my body well, keep it happy so it just keeps burning the fat. :drinker:

I started trying to lose weight and get fit over three years ago. I've had my best success in the past year since eating according to the guidelines in that link. Best move I ever made.
  • inbluedresses
    Options
    Three words:

Multi

Level

Marketing.

She asked if the product shows results, not about the company, which really can be viewed like any other private distributor setup (ie tupperware). I'm not a distributor, I have no interest in becoming one and I have never been told I have to be one to use the product. I've seen results and it has worked for me.
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It work's, can get expensive if you buy the shakes and enhancers. I lost about 40lbs in 2 months when I was in my twenties. It took me years to gain the weight back. Every weight loss plan works if u work it! I'm a low carb chic people say that doesn't work, its working for me and thousands of others who have not gained the weight back ever. People fail at any & all diets if they are not prepared to make a lifestyle change. So find a plan that is conducive for your lifestyle . Shakes work for me because I'm not a breakfast person or a snacker so one nice meal work's. I also can't eat all those small meals a day or over 1200 calories. But I have lost almost 90lbs in less than 7 months. Find out what will really work for u, don't look for the quick fix all though if ur not a big bread and sugar eater low carb is a great way to lose weight fast but it is not for everyone, I have cheat day where I eat what I want most people can't because they cannot get back on track. Herbal life works two shakes one balanced meal two snacks if ur snacker u can lose about 18lbs in two weeks. Try it, I know people who have been on it for over 20 years. Everyone is critic of every plan that's not theirs; all diets work for somebody who was ready to make it their lifestyle.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I am using the shakes - I have so many issues eating so many foods that it is a simpler way for me to get my nutrition and I've had no ill effects... meaning that I am not hungry for sweets or extra carbs like I was prior. I'm a stress eater and am still working through an extremely rough period and have found the products to help me 'calm' down and regain some eating stability... still working on the grieving but no longer eating to work through it.
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    No...
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I read herbal life and thought of smoking pot. Smoking pot i would say nay, munchies could back fire on you.
  • sucg
    sucg Posts: 36
    Options
    I attend a herbalife wellness meeting weekly. Its great, I get weighed and am taught about proper healthy eating. I do use the shakes from time to time as a boost when i'm rushed but the whole point of it is to teach you how to eat healthily. The shakes help me get in conrtol of my cravings as i dont feel hungry with them. If a diet or product works for you go grab it with both hands and start getting fit and healthy today. Good luck x
  • JSHamm
    JSHamm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I currently started using it (no corporate shill) but I think there has to be a good balance. I find it easier to whip up in the morning when I'm already late for work. Milk, 1/2 cup of fruit, powder then blend and drink on my way to work. I'll typically take some greek yogurt, almonds, some vegetables like carrots or spinach leaves as my morning and afternoon snack. Lunch is pretty much the same blend as breakfast. I'll eat more yogurt, nuts, fruit, etc as another snack when I get home. Have a reasonable dinner of whatever my lovely wife makes and call it a day.
    I get the bad taste people may have with products like this but I do think at least it's a good stepping stone into leading a healthier life. Whatever you decide at least be proud you're doing something about your general well being and do what works best for you. Naysayers will line up no matter what side of the line you're on.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Herbalife=your regular protein for double the price
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    regardless of the shake, remember unless youre a GB patient, its NOT a weigh of life(pun intended)

IF it helps you get your intake under control, do it
    IF you need a visible tool or food that is regulated/outside your measurement/control
    IF you have tried them or similar before and were able to stick with it
    IF youre going to get support, here or elsewhere, and nutritional counseling
    IFyouve dieted before and KNOW what real eating is , and can stick with it

then DO it
    realizing its a temporary solution
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    NO the only way to lose weight an d keep it off is diet and exercise
  • koootenay
    koootenay Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    NAAAY.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Sorry but please wake up and just use this site how it is meant to be used. You do NOT need to buy anything. Just eat food. Real food and drink water. Take a walk most days. You will lose weight and know how to keep it off forever.