Dessert Hummus

Options
Hey everyone I just had to share an exciting discovery I found at my local grocery store! It's called dessert hummus and it's SO GOOD! It's basically the same nutritional stats as regular hummus but comes in flavors like chocolate, maple walnut, caramel apple, peanut butter, and a couple of others. The company who makes it is called Crazy Camel... not sure if they have it in many places but has anyone else tried it? I just bought some this week and think it's DELICIOUS!!

Replies

• cookiesdomain
    Options
    That does sound delicious! I'd especially like to try the chocolate and peanut butter ones.

Unfortunately, I've never seen that brand in my grocery stores. I'm not sure how to add these ingredients to homemade hummus and make it work. But it might be worth experimenting with.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    apparently they're out of the northeast us. you can order online http://shop.desserthummus.com/
    minimum order is 6 tubs. i will ask my local whole foods if they'll order it; otherwise i will have to wait til fall due to the heat.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I was intrigued so did a quick search - found this recipe. I think it would be great with apple slices or low fat Graham Crackers

Chocolate Chickpea Spread

1 15-Ounce Can Chickpeas
    1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
    3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
    1/2 Cup Dutch-Processed Cocoa Powder
    1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
    1 Teaspoon Instant Coffee Powder
    1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
    1/2 Teaspoon Salt
    2 – 4 Tablespoons Water

As with all hummus, this spread couldn’t be easier; Just throw everything but the water into your food processor or blender, and thoroughly puree, scraping down the sides of the bowl to get everything incorporated as needed. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the water, until you reach your desired consistency. Spread at will!
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I have tasted a few of them, they were at the apple orhard we picked from in October...it was so delicious!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    It's a shame it's not more widely available in stores. :frown:
    Looks like I'm just going to have to use the recipe above as a base to play around and make my own now. :tongue:
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    Sounds really good! Thanks for the tip!