lean cuisines

Options
2»

Replies

• allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love the spinach and mushroom pizza! It's delicious.
  • FitForMe19
    Options
    Hmm For Sure The Five Cheese Lasagna!!! But I Cant Even Eat It Because Im Doin The Low Carb Thing
  • CCNYE63
    CCNYE63 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like the Healthy Choice Steamers and the new Top Chef line. After microwaving, I pour it on a plate (about 2 cups) of uncooked baby spinach so that the spinach wilts a little. I have a piece of fruit with it for a fairly healthy and filling lunch at about 400 calories.
  • CherylAnn38
    CherylAnn38 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love the salad additions! I've tried all but the Asian and they are delicious. I use tons of lettuce and still have enough toppings for it. My favorite is the southwestern. It's spicy and I love spicy foods!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs eating nothing but lean cuisines (this was in the very beginning of my weight loss - I hadn't learned to cook, and I liked that it was a form of portion control because obviously I was not used to doing that).

I didn't particularly have favorites... but anything with chicken in it was definitely on my radar.
  • EmilyBullough
    EmilyBullough Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    All the pizzas I've tried are delicious, and there's a ginger chicken dish I also like. My favorite is the spinach mushroom pizza; I've added a link to the Lean Cuisine page for it so you can check out the nutrition. I find it to be filling enough to be my entire lunch...to me 340 calories isn't shabby for a full meal. Also, the sodium for this pizza is 430 mg. I don't find that to be an unreasonable amount for one meal. I made myself an egg sandwich for breakfast this morning that had more sodium than that (not to make light of sodium, it's a struggle for me).

http://www.leancuisine.com/products/details.aspx?ProductID=10509

There are definitely cheaper ways to control calories without going straight to prepackaged meals, but I don't think it's harmful to have a few meals like this a week. I just wouldn't recommend them for every meal, every day.