plant based gluten free meat alternative

I was so sad today looking at all of my favorite veggie burgers and fake meats and realizing they have gluten in them. I am gluten intollerant... what are my options please help!

Replies

• fullcopperrepipe
    fullcopperrepipe Posts: 3 Member
    I am in the same boat. One of the only products in terms of faux meats that I have found that is vegan and gluten free is Amy's Organic Bistro Burger (it is also delicious). But overall, your best bet is to just make time to cook and prepare foods that are protein rich, primarily beans, rice, and especially quinoa. Tofu and soy-based tempeh are also great and easy to find. I primarily shop at Whole Foods because they label everything so well, so it's easier to find some items here and there. There are some great recipe books and websites out there, too. One of my favorite recipe books is The Gluten-Free Vegan. Good luck with your goals!
  • LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Portabello mushrooms make great burgers! Season w/ little olive oil spray, garlic and italian seasoning - yum.
    Ground nuts make a really good meat alternative. Just be aware of the fat content.
    Can you eat soy?
    There are a TON of recipes for black bean burgers, soy bean burgers, the works. :) Just load 'em up with veggies & I bet they're healthier than the fake meats anyhow. :)

Dr. Praeger's makes veggie burgers with oat bran - I don't know if that's gluten free?
  • leotardbanshee
    leotardbanshee Posts: 92 Member
    Thank you so much! I have been eating soy and not having symptoms from it so I think that's okay
    I may have to take a trip to tucson with a cooler to see what I can pick up. You gave me the idea of making my own black bean burgers
    Maybe I could make them and freeze them... thank you!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    quinoa is a great protein-rich grain too.
  • leotardbanshee
    leotardbanshee Posts: 92 Member
    i found out that the lightlife soy dogs i found appear to be gluten free from my examination of the ingredient list :) THERE IS HOPE! thank you everyone :)
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    I think quorn is gluten free?