Quick Intro

Options
Hello,

I'm not going to lie - I've stupidly gotten myself up to a whopping 324.4 pounds. While my height, 6' 1" helps a bit, I'm obese to the point that it's actually causing me pain. I stand at work for 8 hours. Since I've gained all this weight, it causes quite a bit of foot, leg and lower back muscle pain. Thankfully, no diabetes, blood pressure, or heart problems yet.

I've been overweight all my life, though this is the worst it's ever been. A few years ago, I lost a good amount of weight, only to gain it back because I slacked. Not only did I gain back all I lost, I added another 40 to 50 pounds to it.

When I decided to get back on track, I visited my old calorie counter site where all my recipes, etc are still stored. The whole site is completely different, and not in a good way. I basically want a simple way to keep track of my calories, fitness, and progress. Simple and easy. No neon signs, flashing bulbs, sparkly banners, or hoops to jump that make things hard to find. From what I've seen, this site certainly has promise!

I'm glad to be here, and appreciate the site.

Replies

• bthny71
    bthny71 Posts: 1
    Options
    Its easy to fall back into the weight gain. I personally dont want to think about calories and drinking water all day long and incorporating exercise now that I am working and going to school, maintaining a household and taking care of a 10 yr old just isn't happening. I try to do some type of exercise everyday and try to just drink water and skinny people always say "don't try...just do. " I will try to DO just that. LOL.
    I hope you get to the healthy weight you want to be. :-)
    Bethany
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou: I sent a friend request.
  • Erin959
    Erin959 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great and so easy to use! I love the recipe calculator. It's so easy, you just plug in all the ingredients and their amounts and the calories are calculated for you. If you save the recipe it's added to your collection where you can use it over and over (and you can change it if you want).

There are so many great people here that will help you on your way. Feel free to add me if you want

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was so impressed with this site when I found it and the app is great too. I'm just 8 lbs under my heaviest I've ever been, working on getting even lower. My heels and ankles just about kill me by the end of the day so I feel your pain! Hope everything works out for you.
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) This is a great site with a lot of people who are helpful and have a lot of great advice to give. Add me if you want another mfp friend.