for the first tiime ever... I'm happy w/ a lb. a week!

Options
Yep...
I am perfectly happy (for the first time ever) with losing a lb. a week.
Before, I would always get frustrated, quit, give up if I didn't see big numbers.
What's different this time? I think that it is because time is LITERALLY flying by for me.
It does not seem like it's been 3 weeks since my hubby and I started doing this.
I'm not burned out, I'm not frustrated. So if 3 weeks and 3 lbs. have flown by, before I know it,
It may be 20 weeks and 20 lbs.!

Anyone else ever reach that point, after trying TOO hard to lose it?
Maybe this is going to be the time!

Replies

• KikiG1991
    KikiG1991 Posts: 27
    Options
    I know what you mean. If I didn't see any results after a month, why should I continue? I kept thinking, "whats the difference?." But your right. Time does fly, and this site definitely helps me keep up with my efforts :D
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    love this post! I agree with you totally! I just started this site 2 weeks ago and my first week I did lost 5 pounds. I knew not to get to excited it was just water and this week (I weigh in tomorrow) it will probably only be 1 pound but FINALLY I have got it through my thick skull that is normal weight loss. AND it is healthy weight loss! So when each week passes and it's only one pound or even less I'm not going to give up! I have to stick with it cause I ain't gettin any younger!

Good luck on your new lifestyle journey!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Small changes really do add up. The weight probably didn't come on at a rate of several pounds a week, but eventually it added up. I've been losing < 1 lb/week average since joining the site in February, but the little amounts have sure added up to some real change that I am proud of.

Congrats to you for being patient! Weight loss takes consistency, not drastic, dramatic change overnight.
  • caramel827
    caramel827 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I agree with you! It took me awhile to get to the point that I realized that slow and steady wins the race but it does! Sure I could drop 3-5 pounds a week if I didn't eat and was exhausted, and also wanted to gain it back! OR it can be a pound a week still eating foods I love, exercising like a normal person, and lowering the risk of gaining it back-thus making it a true lifestyle change.
    As someone who has lost 80 pounds rather quickly before only to gain it all back I think I will stick with one pound a week. That is 52 pounds in a year!!!!! :happy:
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That is such a great realization to have come to.

I struggle with this. First week 7 lbs lost. 2nd week 3 more. 3rd week .8. That's point 8 -- not even a pound. :( I am not a happy camper with that, even though I should be! I need to work really hard at realizing it is not going to be easy and pounds fall off every week and that every little bit adds up over time.

Great post - thanks!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about time flying. I haven't been consistently losing weight but am still losing inches and can tell I'm getting smaller so that's an exciting part for me! I just started Ab Ripper X and Pilates and can tell that my abs are gonna be HOTT in a couple months... hope the time keeps flyin' by!!! :happy: Keep up the good work, hon!
  • innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    aw ((((hugs)))).

It's also nice to have the mindset that I can actually swim or just walk for 1/2 an hour, not kill myself in the gym for 2 hours at a time.
    I am not going to sustain that.... and can't sustain it with my back problems.

I really love this site.
  • dropit2010
    Options
    I am not there mentally yet. I would love to see a big drop (5-10lbs in 2 weeks) and then level out. I just need to find my "thing". Almost there, and hoping to get there really soon. Like Carmel827 said, "that 52lbs a year"!