Looking for friends & encouragement!

Options
I just started a new diet plan today & I am looking for friends & encouragement. People I can talk with about dieting & share this experience with! I have about 50 pounds to lose & I give up very easily, even though I shouldnt. I feel it would be easier if I had someone to encourage and to encourage me!

Replies

• amyjohnson2853
    Options
    Starting a diet plan is easy, but keeping it up is another story. I hope you keep on track. I started my plan a couple months ago and I've got about 45lbs to lose, but even though I have a lot of motivation I have no willpower I usually end up sabotaging myself. Sounds like we could both use a little encouragment :)
  • motivationisthekeyy
    Options
    Yes, I agree! The maintenance is the hard part! I an a yo-yo dieter and I usually do it for a short period of time & lose 10-12 pounds and then say forget it and go get a cheeseburger. This has to stop though, it's starting to cause some seriousl health problems for me. I am mainly larger in my belly area, not really anywhere else (no big legs, arms or face, etc.) and that is the most dangerous place to have fat. Yes, we can encourage each other and together we will accomplish our goals! Congrats on the weight loss so far! I see you've lost 42 pounds! :)
  • charles1love
    charles1love Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also have about 50lbs to lose and usually make it a month or 2 and then get off track. :sad: I hope that we can help each other out and make this happen. I starting my diet 2 days ago and starting my workout today. I know we can do this :happy:
  • amyjohnson2853
    Options
    Hahaha I must have a typo or something I've only lost about 6lbs so far I've got 42 to go still. Thanks for the support though I appreciate it. I yoyo diet too, I'll do really good for a week maybe and then someone will want to go for icecream or we'll be in a rush and grab a cheeseburger really quick :frown: . Feel free to message me if you ever feel like doing that, I'll try and set you strait lol. Way to go charles1love I hope you can keep it up. :happy:
  • younglove3
    Options
    Hello! I can be your cheerleader. I've been through yo-yo dieting after having babies. If you need a push, or a shove, lol....I'll do what I can to help ya. First step is realizing that diets don't work. LIFESTYLE CHANGE DOES! ;o) YOU CAN DO IT!
    I had a friend show me this about five or so years ago. With proper nutrition and making the time and dedicating it to workouts weekly, you will win the battle! Have faith!
    I'm ramping up my own fit level.....the next step to my "be the BEST me I can be" starts on April 1st.
    Who's with me!?!?
  • amyjohnson2853
    Options
    I'm with ya :happy:
  • goNELYgo
    goNELYgo Posts: 7
    Options
    Definitely encouragement and support go a long way. I have a hard time getting up early and going to the gym but I somehow convince myself to get up and go...@ 4am! While I'm there I turn into the little red engine "I know I can, I know I can" even though I'd rather be in my warm bed :)