Annnnnnnndddddd IT FIIIIIIITTTTTTTSSSSS!!!!!

Options
So I wanted to share a small success with everyone out there in MFP land. I broke down and got some new shorts/skirts/dresses because some of my old ones I can pull off without even undoing the button/zipper. I kept getting these catalogs for Athleta and always drooled over the clothes but never ordered because the stuff I liked didn't come in my size. So 25 pounds later....and down a size. I ordered (mainly because I am playing flute in a wedding and wanted a new dress for that but that turned into a dress plus 3 other pieces). I got them today and immediately my heart started thumping. Would they fit or would I be disappointed and have to send them back.

I laid them all out on my bed.....staring them down like we were at a friggin standoff at high noon.

I pulled on the shorts......FITS!!!!!! (And dare I say a bit loose?)

Pulled on the skort.......FITS AGAIN!?!?! (and loose)

Dress #1.....FITS! (Am I dreaming this?)

Dress #2.....FITS!

At that point I seriously checked the tag to be sure that they were 14's (which I knew they had to be because most of their clothing doesn't go above that). THEY WERE!

What a great feeling! I'm smiling from ear to ear! I can't wait until I can do that again but til them I'll bask in the glory of my 14ness! Thank you MFP and everyone out there who are always ready to support and encourage! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Replies

• Shy1979
    Shy1979 Posts: 75
    Options
    Congrats! You must be thrilled. I'm so happy for you!
  • KikiG1991
    KikiG1991 Posts: 27
    Options
    Congrats hun! That is amazing :D I can't wait till I have that feelings :)
  • ducky5m48
    ducky5m48 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that moment when you try on a smaller size and everything fits perfectly. Way to Go!!!!! I hope you keep on truckin!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    One of the best feelings on the weight loss journey is when you pull something on that should be too small...BUT ISN'T! :happy: Congrulations, dear! Keep working hard!
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    OMG! GREAT FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    FANTASTIC! Congrats! Such a great feeling, isn't it? I have a red size 8 dress in my closet...that's my inspiration!

BUUUUUUUUT! You might want to think about going the next size DOWN on the shorts and skort, unless you are at goal already. Who knows, perhaps the next size down will fit you now? Keep up the great work! You are worth it :flowerforyou:
  • DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    Wtg!!! Congrats to you and keep up the great work!!!

1328847.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting your story - I can SO relate!! :happy: Good for you!!
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT news!!!!!! I agree the shorts and skort that was loose maybe you could send them back and get a smaller size if you are still losing you never know you maybe able to go to a 12. GREAT JOB and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!! :happy: I bet u are smiling like this:bigsmile:
  • melissaogdenrhode
    Options
    @Odonna I know....I've got a skirt size 10 in my closet staring at me every morning. It will be mine! OH YES....IT WILL BE MINE!

To everyone else! Thank you so much. I could not do this without such incredible support....and from people I have never met. Wish I could meet you all!
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    Congrats!!! :happy:
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Thats fab ,cant wait until I feel the way you do now ,well done xx
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Non - scale victories are great! Way to go!!!
  • bonnieogden
    Options
    You should have gotten the 12. I bet that's where you are now. Way to go. Like I said, nobody understands
    your determination like I do!!!. Keep going, you have another success story for your book. You know the book
    that everyone has in them.
  • ardaniels0417
    Options
    Isnt that just the greatest feeling, you just cant describe the feeling in the pit of your stomach. From all balled up to totally free...I have experienced a similar triumph lately too and it feels sooooo grreeeaatt!!!!!!!!!Keep up the good work!
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congrats! Enjoy the fruits of your labor to get to where you are. I agree with the others, you might just need a 12! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!