Net calories and exercise question

Options
levie27 If my net calories are higher then my exercise calories is that bad ? Should my net cals be lower than my exercise cals??? To lose weight

Replies

• volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    grabs popcorn**
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Your net calories should be somewhere, generally speaking, around your calorie target that MFP gives you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Eat until the number on the bottom line of your Food Diary is as close to "0" as you can get it.
  • kreed67
    kreed67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So the other day when my NET was only 379, but my Calorie goal from MFP is 1690, that is too low (I had 825 calories burned)?!
  • rosichick
    rosichick Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    IDK? i ate 1300 calories but exercised 900 calories and says i Netted 300 0.0 what?!!
  • rosichick
    rosichick Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i thought i had eaten 1300... i dont know if i should eat so late now tho its 9:30
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Eat until the number on the bottom line of your Food Diary is as close to "0" as you can get it.

Such simple and accurate advice.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Just listen to your body, if your hungry eat more, if not then don't. There's nothing or no one out there that can tell you the precise formula for YOUR body. Pay attention to your stomach and be mindful, that's really all it takes. Good luck!
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You want to NET at LEAST 1,200
    It's better if you net at or more than your main calorie goal.

You don't want you main calorie goal to go much over your main calorie goal.

This is why you exercise, so you can enjoy more food without having to worry about not losing weight :bigsmile:

(MFP will up your main calorie goal if you input your exercise)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    i thought i had eaten 1300... i dont know if i should eat so late now tho its 9:30

If you have no digestive issues eating late, then don't worry about it, it's fine.

You should listen to MFP.

You ate 1,300 calories, and you burned 900. That's the same as eating 400 calories because you burned off the others. See the problem?

^ This.

I was really confused about this for a long time but it makes sense now after experiencing a stall. I rarely net over 1000 back then, worked out a lot but kept following the calories number goal instead of net calories.
  • cmriverside
    Options

Such simple and accurate advice.

I know, right? This site is a little confusing with its little Net Calories thingy on your Home page. I would have been really happy if they had never started that - it just confuzzles people.

"0" Eat to Zero on the bottom of your Food page. BAM :happy:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    As a matter of fact -

"Calories Remaining" should be zero on both pages, both Net and the Food Diary bottom line call it "Remaining" - so - you want no calories left uneaten.

9PM is not too late to eat. I eat in bed sometimes. Unless it upsets your sleep, there is nothing wrong with eating late.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options

If you have no digestive issues eating late, then don't worry about it, it's fine.

You should listen to MFP.

You ate 1,300 calories, and you burned 900. That's the same as eating 400 calories because you burned off the others. See the problem?

Totally offtopic, but you really lost 191lbs? That's insane! Good job man!