Looking for a Grilled Portobello Mushroom Recipe

Options
Anyone got one? I tried to make these a month ago and they came out okay but not great. I've had really delicious ones before but when I do them, they never taste that great. If anyone has a great step-by-step recipe for the oven or grill, please share!

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ShastaAngel
    Options
    Ingredients
    3 portobello mushrooms 1/4 cup canola oil 3 tablespoons chopped onion 4 cloves garlic, minced 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    Directions
    Clean mushrooms and remove stems, reserve for other use. Place caps on a plate with the gills up.
    In a small bowl, combine the oil, onion, garlic and vinegar. Pour mixture evenly over the mushroom caps and let stand for 1 hour.
    Grill over hot grill for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.

Amount Per Serving Calories: 217 | Total Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 0mg

The key to them being super yummy... it to make sure and marinate for a good hour.

Enjoy your mushroom! I love portobellos!
  • ShastaAngel
    Options
    Here's another recipe I found that is less calories per serving

Ingredients
    2 portobello mushrooms, cut into 1/2 inch pieces 10 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 4 tablespoons dried rosemary salt and pepper to taste 1 tablespoon olive oil
    Directions
    In a nonporous glass dish or bowl, combine the mushrooms, vinegar, rosemary, and salt and pepper. Stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
    Preheat grill for high heat.
    Brush grate with oil, and arrange marinated mushrooms on hot grill. Turn after 2 to 3 minutes, and continue grilling until mushrooms are heated through and look wilted and black. Serve hot off the grill.
    Nutritional Information

Calories: 80 | Total Fat: 4.1g | Cholesterol: 0mg
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    bump... love this stuff! lol
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    The last time I made these I think was my best effort . . . I love to cook and rarely follow a recipe, just wing it and hope it comes out o.k.
    Reserve the stems, brush with olive oil, I then stuffed them with a mixture of some ground turkey, 1/4 c. brown rice, fresh chopped rosemary, 2 garlic cloves, salt and pepper.

We grilled them on low and they were amazing! I've also made a vegitarian version and used about 1/2 cup of rice instead.
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    Thx, guys! =]
  • futballuvr73
    futballuvr73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not neccessarily what you're looking for, but crazy/amazing/spectacularly delicious!
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/portobello_philly_cheese_steak_sandwich.html
    We use vegetable broth and top with either provolone or goat cheese and some hot cherry peppers. Skip the flour, it's not needed!
  • kickitlarson
    kickitlarson Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Here are 12 super yummy looking ones on recipezaar.com (omit the cheese my vegan friend :)

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?q[]=grilled+portobello&ls=h&Search=Search&s_type=/recipes.php