Fake bacon

Options
shorty458
shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
One of my favorite dinners is "brinner" aka breakfast for dinner. However, bacon is not good for you. I want to be healthier, lose weight and not have a lot of fatty foods.

What is best? How does it compare to the real bacon?

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Just eat bacon in moderation. I just made my own bacon from pork belly, oh my god. If you wanted it a little leaner you could use shoulder or middle rather than streaky
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Eat bacon, but not a huge amount. Fak'in is fake. Eat real food.
  • karenhray7
    karenhray7 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love bacon. But I also love turkey bacon. My favorite brand is Jenni-o. I can get the thin stuff that fries up beautiful and crisp or the meaty uncured stuff from Costco. They are delicious. They are not bacon, but they are delicious.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What makes you say that bacon is not good for you? You need some fats in a healthy diet.

Fake bacon is nothing like real bacon - it just does not have the grease, which is basically what makes bacon so good.

(no agenda here - I have been a vegetarian for 25 years and not having decent fake bacon is the most annoying thing about it)
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Love apple bacon from trader joes
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Just eat bacon. It's always better to eat the real thing versus the fake processed thing. Turkey bacon is an option, but it actually has MORE sodium than real bacon. Just cook up a piece or two of real bacon, dab off the fat and enjoy. Just don't do it every morning...or dinner.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Just eat bacon. It's always better to eat the real thing versus the fake processed thing. Turkey bacon is an option, but it actually has MORE sodium than real bacon. Just cook up a piece or two of real bacon, dab off the fat and enjoy. Just don't do it every morning...or dinner.

^^^
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pork in general, just a mental thing, so I've come to love turkey bacon. I use Butterball brand.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Haven't I been deceived enough with Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies? :(
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pork in general, just a mental thing, so I've come to love turkey bacon. I use Butterball brand.

this, and like others said moderation.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Ditto the others. Center-cut bacon is more lean and might be better for you. For me, I'd much rather have two slices of real bacon than four slices of the fake stuff.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I love bacon. There are no replacements. I had three slices last night with my egg white, onion and cheese omelet. Not sure why bacon is bad...I eat it once a week without problems.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Bacon.

That is all.