going on holiday

Options
sunman00
sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
I'm taking the family for two weeks holiday this coming Monday and I'm wondering what to do about my MFP diary.

Do I take my laptop & try to keep up? or do I leave it at home & trust my autopilot to manage my intake and pick up again when we get back?

It's complicated as we'll eat out quite a lot so I won't have weights, ingredients etc to input.

thoughts please.

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    You're on holiday, relax and enjoy it. Class it as a 'diet break' aiming to eat around maintenance. MFP will still be here when you get back.
  • alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    It depends how bothered you are about putting on a few pounds. If you want to enjoy the break and all the treats that go with it, you're prepared for the weight gain and what it'll take to lose it again...then go for it and enjoy! :happy:

I personally think it's impossible, even with the best of intentions, to take a break, where you're not in control of the ingredients in meals, and where you want to have some holiday treats...and not put on weight (unless it's an activity holiday of course, where you have the chance to work it off).

I think I would take the laptop and 'keep an eye' on what I was eating. Not necessarily log it, but check out calorie values for unfamiliar items. It's amazing how all the little indulgences can add up. Then, if I'm worried about it getting out of hand, I could try a lean day to pull it back a little.....But that's just me.

Have a wonderful time whatever you choose to do. I trust you'll be escaping this cold UK weather?
  • tessylovessharks
    Options
    I'm off to Singapore in a couple of weeks and have already started thinking about how best to track my progress. I think that as long as you can give a rough estimate, you'll have some idea of how you're progressing. If you've been using that app for a while now, you should be able to figure out what sort of food intake amounts to your calorie allowance. However, as KarenJanine said, you are on holiday and don't want to risk ruining your enjoyment of it by being too hung up on what you're eating. I, for one, am heading straight to Raffles for a cocktail!

Have a lovely holiday!