Paleo clearing acne, will lifting bring it back?

Options
I have been struggling with acne for a while, I decided to try going paleo. This was aster I cut out the common food allergies like dairy, soy, gluten, peanuts, corn and refined sugars. My skin is close to perfect now since eating about 98% paleo. I beg my skin not to act up again once im back in the habit of lifting!..ive been looking it up and its freaking me out!.i don't mean to be so vain, but has anyone else dealt with this before?

Replies

• nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    Be a scientist and run your own experiment. Try lifting... If there happen to be 'side effects' you don't like that override the benefits, then you can know that and cut back easier than you already succeeded in trimming possible allergens from your diet.
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ive lifted heavy before for like 5 months but I don't remember if my skin was any better or worse. Still randomly breaking out though. But then again I never cut out the food allergies and I was not eating paleo. I will try itAnyone else have experience with this?
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Ive lifted heavy before for like 5 months but I don't remember if my skin was any better or worse. Still randomly breaking out though. But then again I never cut out the food allergies and I was not eating paleo. I will try itAnyone else have experience with this?

I'm going to venture to guess that lifting will not impact this. Not washing your face after you sweat will, though :wink:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I'm no scientist either but I think your safe.

You're not going to be producing enough testosterone to worry about that.
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Throw some facial cleansing wipes (whatever floats your boat, I've used plain old baby wipes before) in your gym bag to help you clean up before you get to the shower and you should be fine. My skin really flares up in the winter time (low humidity) and clears up in the summer (high humidity), but I've been gluten-free for almost 2 months and strict Paleo for one month, and definitely saw a difference in my "usual" winter breakouts. I CrossFit 3 times a week.
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I was considering crossfit, but I have such poor stamina lol..I know with listing I definitely start feeling pretty manly. We will see how this goes. So wash after workout ?.. Before or both? I work at a makeup counter so I will always have on makeup after work...any recommendations about the sauna or steamroom?