Getting older and dealing with body changes (20s to 30s)

Options

Replies

• ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am 34. I notice my energy levels have decreased drastically. I'm slowly regaining from losing weight, eating better, and exercising. Probably my diet has the most to do with it. Also, my joints hurt a little more but that is because I'm actually more active now. :-)

Turning 30 isn't bad at all. Taking care of yourself will help you out later on in life.
  • burnt_irish1
    burnt_irish1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not sure if my metabolism slowed our it's the dam birth control but i NEVER had to watch my weight till my late 20s. I'm still in denial about it- lost the weight, went back to my usual ways and it back!!!! Ugh. It's for the birds man....and don't get me started on the societal pressures like marriage and kids. :: vomit:::sad:
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love being 31 and there are no changes really! The only thing that i hate is that i have jowels now lol because when I started with MFP i weighed 250 and I had huge cheeks so they have deflated a bit and its just sagging skin basically not horrible but its the only thing I dont like.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm in the shape of my life at 28, but that's more because I was a) obese and I b) work out like a demon and eat well these days!

Definitely noticed some general differences though - wear and tear, puffier skin, odds and sods. I sometimes feel annoyed at myself at letting myself be so fat when I should have been in my bounce-back physical 'prime' but whatever, nothing I can do about it now.

Skin and aching changes aside, I plan to be a bangin' thirtysomething!
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 next year and this is one of the things that prompted my weight loss. I'm not getting any younger, so I want to rock my 30's.
    I don't feel like my skin changed much since my my early 20's, but my confidence did. I learned to accept my flaws, work with what I've got and be thankfull for it. I like myself more as a person and I enjoy life more.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    This is the exact reason I am getting healthy now - I want to look and feel better than I did 10 years ago.

I'm almost there!
  • Taraanne76
    Taraanne76 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I noticed changes at 35. Now I am working my butt off (hopefully literally) so I will be in the best shape of my life when I turn 40 to cushion the blow. Another thing that is crazy is how much faster the 30's go than the 20's. I was just 31 and now I'm 37 whh!?
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Im 36 this year

And I have to say, if I was single I think I would be an lady killer right now,

Looking well for me, bit of salt in my pepper, lining up,
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 in July. The changes started as I hit 30 and got more pronounced after 40. I'm guessing 50 will have its own surprises but for now I am happy with where I am. Working out has made all the difference for me so I plan to keep at it. I wish I'd started this earlier but I can't look back, only forward.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Apart from an inability to be able to eat just anything I want, I haven't noticed any changes. Age affects the memory, though, so who knows. :D
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Welllllll I'm 26 and I feel 20x better than I did at 21 or 18 for that matter :-D I really think its only gonna get better the healthier and more fit I get! I think staying physically fit helps a lot when it comes to aging, which is why I'm starting now! Be good to your body and it will be good to you :-)
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I turned 31 a couple of weeks ago, and I am in the best shape I can remember. It felt like a now or never situation for me, and now I have lost 50+lbs I feel way better than ever before. I can't wait to lose the rest!

I think getting my skin to shrink back is harder now than it would have been ten years ago, but then ten years ago I hadn't been carrying that much extra weight around for years and years.

I have to say that my skin has turned to crap in the last couple of years but I think that is (pill based) hormones more than anything else, and I hope an improved diet will gradually improve it.

Oh and my outlook on life has changed too! I do stuff now when it needs doing rather than putting it off until the last minute!

I really didn't enjoy my 20s but I loved being 30 and I love my life now too!
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I find it harder now at 33 to lose weight than it was at 23, but I am working toward being fitter than I ever was in my 20s.

And I hear 40 is the new 30!
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Turned 44 on Jan 1 and in better shape than when I turned 30! My 30's were a workaholic fest and I was utterly useless and had no stamina..............in or out of the bedroom. LISTEN UP ... stay in shape and keep moving now or when you get older, you will suffer the consequences.

I may have some happy laugh lines and these funny looking colors on my hands, but I will tell you I am happy and in great shape.

Side note...sex gets better with age..lol!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I'm 32. I have some wrinkles under my eyes, my face is leaner and my hands are veiny.

BUT my body is better than it ever was in my 20s or even my teens.

I'm almost 35 and feel the same way....and my confidence is 200% higher too...in that aspect age and wisdom is awesome!
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Oh honey, if you think it's bad now, wait 'til you hit 50! Your metabolism doesn't just slow, it takes a nosedive, crashes and burns.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I've always had issues with my metabolism but I must say when I hit 30 (two and a half years ago) I felt the best I had since I was 18.

Maybe your metabolism will slow but keep in mind although you're going to be 30 you don't have to feel it and I certainly don't act it at times :-D
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm not in my 20's or 30's, but I'm 51 and I'm in better shape, but not as thin as I was in my 20's. I've been told that I look much younger than I am and that's cool. I'm happier, stronger physically, set financially, my kids are grown, I don't have to work and I do what I want, when I want. Life gets better as you age. Don't fear it! It beats the alternative, death. Being vain will get you no where, it'll just turn your face to plastic. Eat healthy foods, don't smoke, keep busy and move a lot, preferably outside. Eat chocolate and have some wine, in moderation of course. Also, do something, anything, you love, every single day, for YOU.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Welllllll I'm 26 and I feel 20x better than I did at 21 or 18 for that matter :-D I really think its only gonna get better the healthier and more fit I get! I think staying physically fit helps a lot when it comes to aging, which is why I'm starting now! Be good to your body and it will be good to you :-)

^^This for sure! Things may ache a little as your body attempts to remind you of your age, but, I'm 49 and feeling (and looking!) waaay better than I did at 25!
    Enjoy every day and every age (it is better than the alternative...)
  • explainsitall
    Options
    I'm about to turn 25 and already am noticing changes! Mostly, that I kind of "fit" in with the shape of my body now, my face looks age appropriate finally and worst of all GRAY HAIR. YEP and lots of it! My mom went gray at 27. You don't even know how many red boxes of root touch up I've hoarded.