scoobysworkshop - should I add on the 137 cals?

Options
Hello folks, what do you all think about scoobysworkshop?

I went there to calculate my cals and it gave me 1966 cals - 15% calorie reduction. BMR 1341; TDEE 2313.

I'm on 1829 at the moment (up from 1240) so it's 'only' a 137 increase anyway, not majorly, just wondered what you all think about the site t'is all. Thanks. :heart:

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    All that is based on formula, you'll only really know by trying it out and reviewing your progress.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    It's not an exact, it's based on a formula. I would just leave your calories as they are, and see where you are at in a few weeks.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    All that is based on formula, you'll only really know by trying it out and reviewing your progress.

Thank you. The scale's not really budging at the moment (but then again, I'm not gaining :laugh: )

I'm currently doing Insanity so I'll review this new calculation for 2 weeks or so. Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Microfiber
    Options
    I would just leave your calories as they are, and see where you are at in a few weeks.

Thank you :smile:
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I use it... losing about 1 pound a week.
  • Microfiber
    Options
    I use it... losing about 1 pound a week.

Thank you. That's great to hear :smile:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I like the website!!!
  • Microfiber
    Options
    I like the website!!!

Thank you :smile:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    There's a workshop for Scoobies?
  • Microfiber
    Options

Yeah. Shaggy's on there too :laugh:
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

Snacks too if you're good.
  • Microfiber
    Options

Snacks too if you're good.

LOL :laugh: :laugh:
  • icepak24
    icepak24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like the site too. I used it find the best for me. Discovered that I was way too low on my intake. So I added more calories and starting losing weight again. Be sure to adjust for how mush you are actually working out versus how much you are eating back. I don't think 137 will make that much difference. For me, I saw that I wasn't eating back enough calories on workout days. Hope this helps.
  • Microfiber
    Options
    For me, I saw that I wasn't eating back enough calories on workout days. Hope this helps.

Thank you. I workout 6 days a week (Insanity). My rest day is also my fast day :wink:
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I don't think 137 cals matter that much, what's important is that you're eating above BMR.

Your rest day is your fast day? Your muscles recover during the rest day, so depriving them at that time would mean losing lean mass.
  • Microfiber
    Options

Your rest day is your fast day? Your muscles recover during the rest day, so depriving them at that time would mean losing lean mass.

Ah!! Lightbulb moment!!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I started using it a few weeks ago. I was eating a very low calorie diet for a long time. Worked initially, but I hit a wall and was actually gaining on less than 1200 cal/day. I started increasing my calories (still not exactly where I should be...but getting there) and after a scary initial gain of around 6 pounds it has all come back off and I am now losing again! Gotta fuel the beast!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I don't think 137 cals matter that much, what's important is that you're eating above BMR.

^^ What he said.

Look at BMR as your lower limit and as TDEE as your higher limit, and aim to eat somewhere between the two, and you will lose steadily.

I use fat2fitradio and their numbers seem to work for me. They're all just approximations, really. As is calorie counting and food label reading. But as long as you're in the right ball park, you'll be fine.
  • Microfiber
    Options