Anyone lost weight with ZUMBA?

Options
Has anyone lost weight by doing zumba?

If so, how much did you lose and in how long.

Replies

• stacygday
    stacygday Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started in mar 15th, 2013 and I was stuck at 5 lb lost for what seemed like forever with watching my calories plus treadmill everyday. I have done it almost everyday since, I got it and lost 6 lbs in a week a half. i try to get 40 min in everday, but i do it in the morning before work, but most of the time I can get atleast 20 min in. On the weekends, i look forward to my Zumba time, i go 60 min and then want more!! It helps you lost mass amounts of weight, but you still feel like your toning. I did a few youtube videos, before I invested in the DVD's and its amazed me how fast time went. With walking or running on the treadmill, listening to music and I would even play games while walking fast, i would still manage to get bored. With Zumba, you are so focus on learning the moves and having fun laughing at yourself because you know you look like a dork and not a columbina queen, that time flys by. You like OMG that was 60 min, I feel great and ready for another work out. I work 40 hours a week and drive two hours a day, since I bought this i wake up a hour and half early just to work out. On the weekends, two or more hours go before i even notice.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You'll lose weight by making sure you are eating the correct number of calories each day. Any exercise you do will help you get into a calorie deficit and hopefully hit your calorie number. So Zumba is will work fine, just like swimming, or running, or walking.

Make sure you are eating correctly and you can choice whichever exercise you desire.
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    There were a few ladies in my classes who dropped 20 - 40 #'s doing zumba and changing their diets. I loved zumba however my hips/knees did not.

Shake your booty girl and have some sweating fun. You can do it - plus it will be a blast!
  • AshlieA96
    AshlieA96 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I also would like to try this!
  • Jenn5024
    Jenn5024 Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks everyone for answering! I went to my first class yesterday and it was Soooo fun!
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Please keep us updated on your progress.
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    the thing about zumba is ... the first class, you feel soooooo stupid. But I tried it twice and got hooked. I love it now. If I can't get to a class, there are plenty of videos online so you can do it in your kitchen.

the most important thing is ... even if you can't do the move the way the instructor can, just keep moving. It's a great workout!