Very frustrated right now

Options
Not sure where this post when, but I was saying how I have only lost 5 pounds in 24 days. This is going way too slow. When I did the WW flex plan before, I lost 3-4 pounds a week the first few weeks. I cannot give up, but it is so frustrating. I am walking, which is the only safe exercise for those with hypertension from what I understand. Has anyone tried water pills? I heard they help instantly, but in the long run may cause you to gain weight, so I cannot have that. Any ideas?

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    2 lbs per week is the maximum recommended safe amount. Most people can expect to lose 1 lb per week. Be patient. You didn't gain weight overnight, and you won't lose it overnight. Think of this time as training in the habits that will ensure that you don't gain back the weight you are losing.
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    5 Pounds in 24 days is good! 3-4 a week the first few weeks is normal! It is easier to lose weight at the start. But don't fret I would aim for 1-2 pounds a week. Thats a steady weightloss. All the things you may see on tv or these awesome miracle weightloss stories you hear, it all hype!!!! There is nothing wrong with a steady weight loss. You're losing weight right? Be proud of that you're working you butt off!

Water Pills is unessential nor have I taken them.

This is my Idea! Read my thread!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937860-how-to-lose-fat-for-newbs
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Diuretics will get rid of water but that isn't fat. Being dehydrated makes you weigh less but it doesn't make you less fat. Losing 1% of your body weight per week is considered healthy loss. You didn't gain weight overnight and it doesn't come off that fast either. When you did the more rapid weight loss before did the weight stay off or are you trying to lose it again?

Your weight loss will be 80% diet, 10% genetics and 10% exercise so if walking is what you can do then keep walking!
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You are doing well, as everyone else said. A pound a week is the kind of loss that you can sustain long term. Did you ask your doctor if you could add in other forms of exercise besides walking? Nothing wrong with walking--just wondered if the doc would let you kick it up a notch.
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!! I feel much better now:) I talked to the doctor and he helped me feel better, too. I appreciate you all:)