Any ex-WeightWatchers?

Options
I've just discovered MFP and it gives me everything WW used to without paying monthly. I lost a stone on WW last year & use MFP just to monitor my calorie intake to maintain my weight.

I think logging everything you eat makes you think twice about treats, but I have a really sweet tooth & had 2 Walnut Whips yesterday!

Becky

Replies

• cam3502
    cam3502 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have done weight watchers so many times and lost 50 pounds with it. Then.... I hit my 40's and the game changed...not so easy to lose anymore.

Today was my first weigh in and I lost 5 pounds so I am liking MFP so far! Feel free to add me as a friend... I would love to be part of your cheering squad!

have a blessed day,
    Cam
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Not Me...but everyone I know that has done it multiple times...says it works everytime.... I think it obviously DOES NOT work...when you have to do it over and over again!
  • younglove3
    Options
    I did it post-babies and dropped 21 lbs. to get where I needed to be weight-wise. But, went back to it multiple different times and did not have the same results. I learned SO MUCH about it after the fact and why it is not a good plan. I could go on and on about it, but won't! haha
    Life a healthy lifestyle, that's what it takes :o)
    I'd love to be a part of your journey to cheer you on.
    Blessings on your day ladies!
    MAKE IT A GREAT ONE!
  • sarahd2002
    Options
    I actually just joined WW yesterday and I think it does work but you have to stick to the program and realize that it is a way of life. The plan works you just have to work the plan.......

Also, I have lost with WW before and when I "quit" the plan I gained it all back. As with any "diet". I now realize that I am going to have to make this change and it is going to be for the rest of my life. I know I may have days where I fall off the plan and that is going to happen. I just know that I have to get right back on. :happy:
  • cam3502
    Options
    Lindsay,

WW does work just like any other program when you have your heart and mind in the game. For those of us with weight issues food is like a drug and unfortunately it is easily attainable. MFP will work as long as you want it too. Just like WW.

Everyday when I finish my diary I add up the points I used for the day. I am ALWAYS within a point or two of my WW daily point goal. That tells me the program and food values are accurate.

Nothing works unless you work it. When you give up...it stops working. Just my opinion and trust me, this isn't my first rodeo with trying to lose 50+ pounds.
  • cam3502
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds on WW and then life knocked me down. I gave up, went back to my old ways and gained the 50 pounds and more.

Stick with it and YOU can do it! You have the right attitude... work the plan or IT WON'T WORK!

I hope you have a fabulous POINT day!
  • mljacobs23
    mljacobs23 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did WW for years, for loss and maintence. Lost 50 pounds and mostly kept it off for 10 years. Got lazy and stressed at work in the last few years and gained back about 20-25 pounds. Using MFP to track but still following most of the WW philosophies, especially the you can eat what you want in moderation and lose weight. Feel free to add me.