Another 50lb down post 188 to 138 - with pics

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Chris. I am 48 years old and 5'5" (and a c-section mother of 2 and grandmother to 6). I was going to wait to post until I hit goal, which is only a few pounds away, but the closer I get, I realize I'm still not going to be happy with the reflection in the mirror at 135. So, what the heck, 50 lbs is a success, right? So, here I am.

The top set of pics were taken in September of 2011. A month prior, I decided to lose weight for a cruise I was going on that November. I was wearing a size 17-18 pants and a 2X or 3X top.
The bottom set were taken this morning. I weighed in at 138.2. I now wear a size 6 or 8 pants and a large top.

ddnknl.jpg

I started out eating very little, probably averaged 900 calories a day. Then I added cardio and started eating around 1200. The beginning of this year I started lifting weights on a home universal gym I bought myself for Christmas.

I now do cardio 6X a week and lift 3X per week and I eat around 1500 - 1600, before exercise. I eat back some (1/2 to all) of my exercise calories.

Arm pics:
Top left, prior to lifting (December 2012)
Top right, 2 months in
Bottom, both arms 3 months in - not a big difference in the last month, but that's not stopping me.

2jaxaf8.jpg

I don't know what my goal weight is anymore. I just want to be firm vs. flabby and I have a way to go before I hit that goal. I am still a work in progress, but I'm happy with the progress I've made so far!

I also want to add that I do not advocate 1200 OR 1600 OR 2500 daily calorie intake. It's all about finding what works for you and obviously I'm still working on that. I do LOVE TO EAT, though and if I can eat, eat, eat and not gain, I'm going to!

Thanks for looking and good luck with reaching your goals!

Replies

• KristenElizabeth7
    KristenElizabeth7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    OMG! This is awesome! Congratulations :o)
  • ReinaLorenz
    ReinaLorenz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I can totally see a difference in your arms.....You are doing a great job...be proud of how far you have come and cut yourself a break on where you want to be...You look awesome!!!! Congrats and you are quite an inspiration !!!!!
  • sitastar2004
    sitastar2004 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    congratulations!
  • kimmi12
    kimmi12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look wonderful and your arms look great!
  • missability
    missability Posts: 223
    Options
    Woohoo Chris!!! I am sooo freakin happy for you!!! U have been my friend and inspiration since the beginning! And these pics were just the motivator I needed this morning! I love ya BABE! Keep up the fantabulous work! U LOOK AWESOME....
  • bevjo0412
    bevjo0412 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Thanks for giving me hope on my journey.
  • Godscanvas
    Options
    Congratulations, that is Amazingly Awesome!! :) You Look Wonderful! :)
  • xintothevoidxz
    Options
    Damn! Great job!
  • carray250
    carray250 Posts: 43
    Options
    Excellent job!
  • charovnitza
    charovnitza Posts: 689
    Options
    What an incredible transformation. Congratulations!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your arms look awesome! :smile:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!! Amazing job! Your arms look fantastic. Congrats on your success!!:drinker:
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    you look great!!
  • MrsJJUt
    MrsJJUt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Your arms are just wow!! Way to go!
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    You're doing FANTASTIC! Such an inspiration, and 50lbs is such a huge success! Congrats and keep it up!!
  • ms_tris
    ms_tris Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation!!! You rock!!!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • missCherry1977
    missCherry1977 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    wow. What an inspiration. You are the same age and starting size as me. I'd be ecstatic if my stomach looked like that. Good work!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome results. Thanks for sharing your story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!