Cramps!!!

Options
I have been having a lot of issues with cramps in my feet and toes lately. Sometimes they are so bad I can't even walk. Today I also can tell my calf muscles are very tight and crampy. (I hate charlie horses!!) Any suggestions on how to stop the cramping or prevent it from happening?!

Replies

• Fedup23
    Fedup23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have been having a lot of issues with cramps in my feet and toes lately. Sometimes they are so bad I can't even walk. Today I also can tell my calf muscles are very tight and crampy. (I hate charlie horses!!) Any suggestions on how to stop the cramping or prevent it from happening?!

Make sure you are drinking enough water.. also potassium deficiency can lead to cramping.. eat a banana a day. :) (or white bean, dark leafy greens ,apricots)
  • justmeg86
    justmeg86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do get almost the recommended 8 cups of water a day and I eat bananas quit religiously. I'll have to step up my water game or eat some more water dense foods! Thanks!
  • HomeBody52
    Options
    I got horrible foot/toe cramps when I tried Atkins. The book suggested potassium and magnesium. It seemed to work for me.