Slim Fast

Options

Replies

• 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I use the powder once in awhile just to fill in as a snack, but have found them impossible to stick with on their "plan". Left me too hungry. I can't stand the aftertaste in the canned ones.

Edited for punctuation.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Has anyone actually used slim fast? Had any success with it?

Yes, many years ago - I had 'success' in terms of losing weight. Yes, I reached my goal weight. Then started eating proper food, weight came back. It can help you lose weight in the short term but it is rarely a long term solution.
  • ember34
    ember34 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've never done the entire slim fast plan, but I use their low carb protein shakes as breakfast since I'm not a big breakfast eater and I can get 20g of Protein that way!
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did use them years ago. I lost some weight (water weight). As soon as I stopped them it all came back.

The only way to lose weight and keep it off successfully is - Eat less and Move move - simple. No gimmicks, no costly magic

Oh and an extra special ingredient is also needed.......................................PATIENCE

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • AmyHammons1
    AmyHammons1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I haven't used slimfast but I have use and do use Body by Vi (same plan really). I love the convenience of the shakes, experimenting with the different recipes, and the nutritional value. I'm vegetarian so it is an easy way for me to make sure I'm getting my nutrients in without having to think too much about it. During my first 90 day challenge, I lost 16 lbs. I have 9 more to go and starting another 90 day challenge. I don't see anything wrong with meal replacements and have found them to be very easy and I feel great! Good luck!
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    It gave me bad flatulence...lol

Me too!!! I'm so glad I wasn't the only one. Within 30 minutes I had the bubble guts...sorry for TMI...hahahaha
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I drink a shake every now and then for a snack or a pre or post-workout "meal." I bought 2 packs because they are on sale but after my last one I probably won't get anymore. I prefer to make my own protein shake but SF is convenient.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Ive thought of using slim fast, mostly to replace my lunch, or dinner (not both!) when I'm out running all the time. Just cause it's easier, and I don't mind the taste of the chocolate one. My mommom used to drink them (though, she's never been fat a day in her life, lucky.) and she let us kids have a taste cause we were curious.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Used it before and lost weight.

I feel bad for you to get all these rude responses. People here aren't too friendly if you don't do things their way. Best of luck.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I've never been satisfied with replacing any food with a drink.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is basically a number game...
    If you use meal replacements you'll still lose weight as long as you're counting it in your diary... I think it's fine your husband and you use them --

I just read the ingredients and I don't like that the first ingredient is sugar... I'd question how full those would keep me. :I

But still, it's better than some things. It has protein and fiber. It doesn't look too terrible to me, lol. Better than eating 1-2 pop tarts and having 400 calories.
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I actually drink a Slim Fast shake almost everyday of my work week. Although I am on my journey to loose weight, I don't use it to see results. I just use it for a breakfast replacement since I have to be at work so early in the am, but it really does keep me full for 5-6 hours until my lunch. but once I run out of these shakes I think I will just stick to my nuts. Alot of this stuff out here is not all that healthy, but whatever works for you just go for it :)
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    I am using Shakeology now from beachbody.com. They also put out Insanity which I am also doing. It is quite a bit more expensive than slim fast, but the product is way better for you too. You can look it up on line and decide if it is worth it. I haven't been able to lose these last 10 pounds for YEARS, now I have lost 4 in 3 weeks, not a record by any means, but it is finally happening, 6 to go. I tried slim fast and it made me hungrier.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

I feel bad for you to get all these rude responses. People here aren't too friendly if you don't do things their way. Best of luck.

I went back and read through the entire thread. Who was being rude? Some use it, some don't. Everyone sharing their opinion or experience with it. Why is that rude? This particular thread is pretty darn civil compared to some I've seen!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options

I went back and read through the entire thread. Who was being rude? Some use it, some don't. Everyone sharing their opinion or experience with it. Why is that rude? This particular thread is pretty darn civil compared to some I've seen!

The responses from people who have never done sf or anything like it with the snappy "I like food" comments. I am pretty sure everyone likes food. Js.
  • finallydetermined
    finallydetermined Posts: 70 Member
    Options

OMG - thanks for sharing this! I'll stick to my whey protien shakes for sure
  • dysonsl
    dysonsl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thumps up! i just find nuts and fruit just as easy to carry around and you can trust what's in them, cause well there's nothing in them except what they are! happy eating :)
  • dysonsl
    dysonsl Posts: 11 Member
    Options

i was just about to say the same thing. i read through all the comments and i found it extremely interesting and helpful to read everything everyone has shared, which is exactly why i love this site. thank you everyone for your input!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I used Slimfast years ago and lost 60lbs, when I met my husband he didn't like it so I stopped well now I am back on it but only for breakfast, the 1st time I was on it I did breakfast and lunch. Yes there is sugar in it not sure what the chocolate would taste like without since I wouldn't want a sugar substitute, also mine is bought in Canada and sugar isn't the first ingredient, but it is second
  • dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The only shake I drink is Muscle Milk light (chocolate power mix) with skim milk and one frozen banana, Made into a smoothie after a good work out...Sooooo good