Help! Meatless dinner for guests

Options
2»

Replies

• smiller212003
    smiller212003 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Im not sure that these are great for a crowd and for a first attempt but i have been on a "making meals from scratch" kick, and i love to cook a big bag of beans at the beginning of the week so i did some experimenting and had a few meatless days with these black bean burgers. Very good! Different from meat but i think you get the same satisfaction. We threw some goat cheese in it too!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Homemade-Black-Bean-Veggie-Burgers/Detail.aspx?src=etaf

Also homemade pizzas topped with veggies has been quite a pleasure in our household ;)
  • feelin31
    feelin31 Posts: 360 Member
    Options

Asparagus! omg, I´m so happy it´s in season again, they´re so yummy. and high on protein!

sorry, you actually also needed some advice... pasta with a sauce of champignons and spinach a la creme, topped with rocket salad and pine nuts.

This sounds really interesting! what is rocket salad? and how do you make pasta with a sauce of champignons and spinach a la creme?
  • Marion_
    Marion_ Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Asparagus! omg, I´m so happy it´s in season again, they´re so yummy. and high on protein!

sorry, you actually also needed some advice... pasta with a sauce of champignons and spinach a la creme, topped with rocket salad and pine nuts.

This sounds really interesting! what is rocket salad? and how do you make pasta with a sauce of champignons and spinach a la creme?

Lol rocket salad might mean arugula salad. "Roquette" is how we say "arugula" in French :)
  • feelin31
    feelin31 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    experimenting and had a few meatless days with these black bean burgers. Very good! Different from meat but i think you get the same satisfaction. We threw some goat cheese in it too!

Also homemade pizzas topped with veggies has been quite a pleasure in our household ;)

Ok...interesting, now I am thinking maybe garden veggie burgers on whole grain buns with all the toppings, sauted mushrooms, salad and baked steak fries with sweet & regular potatoes. We are celebrating a going away party for my son & my hubby's b-day