starting insanity next week/running w/it be to much?

Options
I am starting Insanity next week but I love to run on Mondays Wednesdays and Saturdays should i be doing both at the same time or will it be to much. I have just received the DVDs and previewed the test and half the first dvd it looks pretty intense.

Replies

• allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Im on the recovery week between the two months. It is intense- I've never dripped sweat like I do with Insanity. When I can, I throw in a little extra cardio. I would just go by how your body feels. It definitely won't hurt your progress, but you don't want to risk injury. Good luck! I love the program so far.
  • Karri_Lynn
    Options
    It is intense! I would just go with how your body feels. I still ran while I completed insanity. Just make sure you eat enough to fuel the extra workout if you do.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Change your start day to Sunday so you'll have Saturday as your Insanity off day and let Wednesday be your Cardio Recovery day ... you'll be fine. As the others said, just be sure to fuel your body and go with how your body feels.
  • TamiSH2
    TamiSH2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I do both
  • brboydjr
    brboydjr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    How far are you running? If marathon training then it may be a bit much on long run days. But if you're running fairly short distances then it shouldn't be a problem.
  • dalefishertwin
    dalefishertwin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Most likely...doing the workouts Everyday ,Like you are supposed to will take alot out of you...i would just stick with the Insanity....Just got done with my two months..dropped 10 pounds..(yeah)...and then just ran my first race of year(5k) and dropped two minutes off my normal time....good luck!!!
  • Tmoney19
    Tmoney19 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I 'm on day 4 of Insanity and i still do my Coach to 5k app which is running along with other things. Its helping me train to do my first 5k in April. I don't burn enough in Insanity daily to just do Insanity and that's all. I'm used to trying to at least burn anywhere from 700-1,000 daily.
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I run on average only 15miles a week. I do want to do half marathon soon. But will finish insanity first. I just did my first 10k last saturday. Right now on the days I dont run I do some sort of DVD workout like a Julian Micheals or Jackie warner DVD.