i never knew!!

Options
if you go on the freindlys web site and click on the nutrition tab and than pick your choice of menu and it gives you all the calories for what you have chosen something that the store does not offer..lets put it this way...going to watch what i order nexted time we go..NOT GOOD WHAT I HAD...NO,NO,NO..:explode:

Replies

• Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    Since I've started MFP I ALWAYS go online and check the nutritional info if possible. Needless to say my favorite meal: Eggs Benedict is not longer in my diet! :-)
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we have to eat at restaurants but it seems like there is really not much that is acceptable to eat anywhere, even if you only have half!
  • sakitchens
    sakitchens Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I always look at the websites for nutrition information. I have even gone so far as to not go the places where they do not give the infromation. I never really knew what I was eating before and I do not want to go back to that.
  • chessie11
    chessie11 Posts: 52
    Options
    @Scncartist - Me, too.

The last time I went to Friendly's (a few weeks ago), I preplanned my meal from the website: the skimpiest side salad with their vinaigrette dressing. It was large, but less in calories than ANYTHING else on the menu. I then got one scoop of my favorite ice cream, but in order to do that, I had to pre-plan...

Some places now advertise their low-cal meals, but for those that don't the danger in going overboard is high! All of the sauces and salt in restaurant meals can make one meal equal three and perhaps an extra for the next day! Ridiculous, isn't it?!

So, you've gotta check the count before you go out or just stick to one salad with a light dressing and leave any and all breadsticks alone...:smile:
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Since I've started MFP I ALWAYS go online and check the nutritional info if possible. Needless to say my favorite meal: Eggs Benedict is not longer in my diet! :-)

friendlys is no longer in mine...i feel like junk for having it now:sad:
  • angelascott919
    Options
    A similar thing happened to my husband and I yesterday. I was craving pasta and so we went to Olive Garden and even though I only ate about half it was still way over and made me WAY OVER for the day. Plus it was our day off exercise to rest, needless to say, today I have been a good little eater and right now I am under but I am sure I will have a snack later on to bring me over the 1200 mark.

We both learned to check the websites before we go, not stop while we are on the road. I am thinking about printing some of the information out and putting it in a folder and keep it in the truck so when we do have to stop on the run we can plan while we drive and know what we can have before we get there. I already carry the Subway nutritional info brochure in my purse and use it all the time.
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    @Butterfly25...Don't let it get you down! Just take it as a lesson for next time and know your meal probably was tasty. :-) One high cal meal won't be the death of you! :-)