new here

fchopin42
fchopin42 Posts: 51
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 30, married with two young children (4 and 6) and a stay at home mom. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last year and had my thyroid removed. Since then I have gained about 40 pounds. My hormone levels are finally normal so I should be good to go to loose those 40 pounds.

I am vegetarian and used to eat such a healthy diet. I have allowed myself to get into some really bad habits and will most likely struggle to change them. I have a serious problem with sugar.... When I was hypothyroid I used sugar for energy and now I'm addicted. ack!

Good luck to everyone!

Lisa

Replies

• innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    I applaud you on your decision for change and everyone here is here for the same reason and to provide support. =] I wish you good luck!

As for sugar, might I suggest you use honey instead of sugar. We use honey on EVERYTHING we used to use sugar on/in ( such as juices or kool aid) it only has about 60 calories per tablespoon and we RARELY use a full tablespoon on anything because it's so sweet.
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Welcome! Sorry to hear the circumstances of your weight gain but glad you are able now to do something about it!
  • vbennett0630
    vbennett0630 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi LIsa, I'm new here too. I am a mother of three boys with a full time career. I am doing the p90x program and am at the beginning of the third phase. I met someone who just happened to be a coach and i have been getting a lot of good input from him. I have about 40 pounds to lose too! must be the magic number! Good luck to you. I've been logging on everyday for accountability, so, i'll be here if you need support!
  • fchopin42
    fchopin42 Posts: 51
    wow! Thanks everyone! I didn't expect replies already! LOL

innocence, thank you for your suggestion on honey. I do like honey in my tea... being a southern girl I have to have my iced tea. LOL I use a lot of splenda too. I just wish I could pass up the candy/cake/cookies... ugh!

Kimberly, Thank you!

Vwalley, Wow, three boys and a full time career!?! How do you do it? One boy and one girl is tough on me at times. Summer has been difficult. I haven't heard of the p90x program. Is that a eating plan or exercise plan or both? I would love to keep in touch since our weight loss goals are similar. :-)

Good luck to you all! Thanks again!

Lisa
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Hi Lisa and welcome to MFP! My name is Lisa and I am also a stay at home mom. I like to do a variety of exercise routines to change it up and keep things fun. Log your food and exercises every day and you will soon see results. I've found it easy to stick with as I know what I want and what I don't want. It's a commitment for life! Best of luck to you and we're all here to support you!
This discussion has been closed.