Can't break through

Options
I feel like I'm at my wits end. For the last 4 months I've tinkered around 53kg and I am so sick of it. I've tried everything. Increasing cardio, change my resistance, trying new exercises, eating clean without counting calories, counting strictly, different calorie goals, changing macros, low carbs, high carbs, low sugar, no but butters but that number will just NOT move! I get emotional and then il binge because I'm just sick of it and I feel like maybe il just have to accept that my body doesn't want to! It's driving me insane and I know I still have a ways to go. I want to be at 50kg but a 4 month plateau with trying everything including HIIT and fasted cardio really takes it out of you. Can any one help? Please, so desperate right now.

Replies

• jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Have you been logging everything daily and honestly? If so, maybe make your diary public so we can have a look?
  • lilsnn
    lilsnn Posts: 4
    Options
    Okay I did, I had a binge today aswell. For the past 3 weeks I've burn burning 350 cal 5 days a week atleast and my calorie intake is 1338 I think. I'm active so calories that I need is 2001 I think so I just deficited it
  • npetercmway
    Options
    I so understand. I wish I had something to tell you to break through the plateau but I am right there with you.

One thing that really helps me is comparing where I am today to where I was a year ago. Big difference!! I am much lighter, much healthier and with way more muscle and endurance than last year. There are lots of things that I can do this year that I couldn't last year due to my weight/health.

Try comparing where you were a year ago with where you are now. Continue to eat well and exercise as these are things you will be doing in maintenance anyway. Good luck!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Try Intermittent Fasting 5:2 for 4 weeks. :)
  • lilsnn
    Options
    Haven't heard a lot of good about fasting in terms of slowing metabolism down so bit worried to try
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I can tell you for sure you are eating too little. I am same height as you and so much older doing only 30 mins brisk walking a day and I can loose on so much more calories. You must find out your TDEE and because you are so close to it then don't have much of a deficit which I know sucks but it's how it has to be. TDEE minus 10% and give it a few weeks. I actually did 5% close to maintenance but not sure you are ok with that.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're bouncing around an awful lot. It can take a while to see results. Set a plan for yourself, i.e. 1500 cals, exercise 5x week, etc., stick with it consistently for 6 weeks or so, and then re-evaluate your progress.
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You are working so hard and I am sorry you haven't lost the weight recently!

The website does have great posts on plateaus. Look around and ready some. I am just starting, so I am not great at this. But, many say UP your calories because your body has lowered the metabolism to accommodate the lower intake. Or have a cheat day to mix it up to get the metabolism going.

Good luck, but do not give up. That will only take away from your health!

Research and read and see what ideas you can do for 3-4 weeks!
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Haven't heard a lot of good about fasting in terms of slowing metabolism down so bit worried to try

IF is not the magic cure but it sure helps me a lot and it def does not slow your metabolism down. You don't even go into a catabolic state till 72hours ish and should not fast that long anyways. Check out leangains.com. Here is a link to an article debunked top ten myths about if including the metabolism slowdown :

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

Hope that helps
  • lilsnn
    Options
    Had a huge day of eating today around 2300, my tdee is 2104 approximately, I feel like if I eat 10-20 less that's still a lot of food! 1800 is A LOT I'm not a big person I'm quite small I just do a lot of physical activity
  • bkciddir
    bkciddir Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me, but only about a week or two at a time where I hit a wall. Went on MFP and asked this same question. The answer that WORKS - UP YOUR GREENS (spinach, mixed greens, broccoli, kale, etc..) When I say up your greens I mean - eat like 4 cups a day or more. I find this works and pushes you through the dreaded plateau. Good luck!!!!!
  • PaulJRaymond
    PaulJRaymond Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    There is a great thread on here called "In place of a roadmap". Talks about the essence of how the body reacts to certain calorie levels. It strongly advocates eating your TDEE less 20%. For you that would be about 1700 kcals. Has convinced me and I am upping my calorie intake so that I am not on a diet, but have found the way I want to eat all the time.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0