Broken Belly Needs Tummy Tuck - YUCKY PICTURES!!!

Options

Replies

• sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    sometimes that is impossible. stretch marks and the like are actually scars. the tissue is of a different composure and virtually nothing will change this from the inside out, as these changes are somewhat deep in the skin.

op, i think it's awesome that you started a biz to help pay for the surgery! keep looking for ways to have insurance pay the max so that your oop is the smallest possible! good luck and you look amazing. :)

eta - sorry, i meant to quote the poster 2 posts prior to mine
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Keep bugging your insurance company & if you have a sick day spend that day on the phone w/them & corelate it w/your condition.
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I say if it will make you feel better about yourself then do it! You have earned every pound you lost and no two bodies are the same and it could be your final step to feeling absolutely amazing. You deserve to be happy after your amazing accomplishment.
  • mountaingirl2207
    Options
    Aww, hun... I am so sorry. And I hate that you had to ask people to not be mean. I had a friend that had a procedure called 'aqualipo' done and had great results, I don't know anything g about it other than it was way cheaper than a traditional tummy tuck. I would try to fight the insurance company though, you are not doing it for vanity's sake.
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This totally depresses me. I am hoping and probably in complete denial that this isnt gonna happen to me. It will im sure. Lucky me, no insurance. Of course im the only one that sees me nude except for the dogs. They dont mind much.
  • DamaliAsabyiKioni
    DamaliAsabyiKioni Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Read through all the responses. Do what is best for you... Some of us don't have enough years in the earth to work, wait and hope for our abs to draw back in. The loose skin and lack of core strength will drive you crazy and make workouts very difficult.No one knows what's its like until they live through it... even after working so hard to shed the excess pounds. Do what feels right to you...You are work $8900 and then some. Many blessings and success.
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My stomach looks similar to yours. I'm 33 and the mom of my husband's two gigantor children. :)

Do what is right for you and your family.

I feel like the people who suggest the "wait and see, it might reabsorb like mine did" approach are the same ones who ask if we used cocoa butter for our stretch marks.

My baby is three, too. I'm still thinking about the tummy tuck thing. I haven't pursued it, but it's in the back of my mind.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My wife had one a while back. While it can fix the loose skin issues, and it can repair *some* of the muscle damage, it's not magic. You have to do the work and keep doing the work, for your muscles to improve.

We didn't even bother trying for insurance. Just saved up for it.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    You look like every other woman who has had children. I don't get it.

Average thread is average.
  • Goldie2u2
    Goldie2u2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    While the focus of this thread has migrated to cosmetic appearance of the skin...I urge you to get the hernias taken care of NOW. This is not anything to mess around with-I speak from experience. I lost my mother last year due to complications from a hernia surgery that she put off so long her intestine got strangled off. She kept waiting for when it would be a "better time to do it"...Even if the insurance won't pay for the muscles--DEAL WITH THE HERNIAS NOW.

I in no way mean to scare you..BUT you need to be aware that choosing to put of a surgery for something that is covered by insurance that could impact the rest of your life to wait for cooler weather ect...is not a great idea. The recovery is not really that bad and weather should not come into play with your health.
  • JLArispe
    JLArispe Posts: 62
    Options
    I went throught the same thing as you. After my first child, I was hitting the gym hard and going to weight watchers because I could not loose the weight and with in 5 months I lost about 50lbs and was exactly where I wanted to be, then I found out I was pregnant with my second child. I continued to go to the gym and eat healthy, because I did not want to be where I was was with my first. After having my second child I was back to intense workouts, but my stomach would never change. I could feel that it was strong, but I still looked pregnant and I was very discouraged and thought what am I doing wrong. I finally went and talked to the plastic surgeon and he told me I had a hernia in my belly button and also the diasta (which not all women get), some women go right back to where they were before kids and some women get this condition and there is nothing they can do, but go in and fix it. After a few weeks talking about this with my husband, we decided to go ahead with the tummy tuck, becasue I wanted to feel good about myself (he loved me no matter what), but it was all about how I felt and what I wanted to see when I looked in the mirror. I was sore for 6 weeks, no gym NOTHING. Five years later, I am still thankful that I did it. I have a very strong core and tons of definition, but it is something I continue to work on. Your core is the most important muscle in your body, you use it more then you think you do and you should want to show that off. It is by far the best investment I made. You need to remember, that if you are unhappy about the way that you feel about yourself, its going to show in so many different ways without you realizing it. It could even start affecting your marriage and how your kids see you. You need to do what makes you happy and dont feel guilty about something like that. In the end "Happy wife, maked a happy life". Best of luck to you and your decisions!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I admire you for the courage it took to post the pictures! You have more than I do as I don't want a picture taken with my shirt off just yet. I have a lot of respect for you and not an unkind word will come out of my mouth.
  • cherie515
    cherie515 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good for you for going forward with the tummy tuck. I've also had one and believe me your life will change so much for the better, you won't even care who paid for it. ha! If it comes to you having to pay for it, don't feel a bit bad. It is so so so worth it. I paid for mine as well as felt it was worth every cent. Recovery is a buggar but an instant flat stomach is priceless. Good Luck and congratulations!!
  • caligulala
    caligulala Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest reading this:

http://www.alignedandwell.com/katysays/under-pressure-part-1/

to help understand the underlying causes of diastasis recti. The way we move our bodies plays a huge role in whether or not we develop DR during pregnancy. If you change your movement habits, you should be able to improve your DR.

Good luck! So many women struggle with diastasis recti. You are definitely not alone.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Look into having this done out of country. You can often save money even with the trip and the hotel stay.

I had to have about $16,000.00 to $24,000.00 of dental work done about a decade ago. I had it done in Mexico for about $8,000, plus the flight was about $450.00, and we belong to a vacation club so the stay was about $800.00 for two weeks (maintenance fee we pay every year whether we travel or not).

If I need a tummy tuck or anything like that, I will definitely look into medical tourism again.
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wow! I have been a slacker but am thankful for so many responses! I worked out SUPER hard and was making my hernias MUCH worse. I have seen several doctors and will definitely be getting the surgery this fall. To all those who suggest that this is something that may get better in time, it will not. I literally cannot suck my stomach in. My muscles don't work right. When I do a sit-up, my stomach forms a strong peak shape. It is not right and that is because the muscles are separated. My stomach has been this way since I had my first baby 15 years ago. It's not about vanity. It's about health. Doctors told me that as I get older, these muscles will continue to weaken and separate. Because I have not inner core, I will likely develop bladder problems. It really is not a vanity thing. I am a size 4. In clothes, you would never know my stomach looks like this. I have been married 16 years and I think my husband would actually prefer the extra skin to the scar I will have, but it's not about him. It's about me! :)
    All of my doctors told me that doing any kind of ab work was going to make the hernias worse and they were right, I NEED to have it fixed so that I can workout the way I want to. I made myself a priority and found a way to pay for it myself! I am so proud of me! :)
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I think there was someone on the success stories who took on their insurance company who wouldn't pay for similar kind of work after losing something like 150lbs. They were literally about to go to court and that day the insurers backed down and said they would pay.

Maybe chat to that person and see if they can offer any advise on what they did?

Good luck! From what your doctors say about your muscles it doesn't sound like exercise could ever get rid of the loose skin, so I hope they insurance pay out for you xx
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I am 34 and 5'2 120 lbs and have 3 kids very similar to u. My stomach looks somewhat like yours when I do pushups, just a smaller version. My friend had a tummy tuck and her stomach is so very flat, she doesn't exercise so u can't see muscles just a very flat almost oddly flat stomach. But I wouldn't mind her stomach.
    U r in no way selfish , this seems to be medically necessary but insurance will just see it as cosmetic. I don't know what else to say other than I hope u find a loophole to get this done right u deserve it with all your hard work.
  • kimbtaylor1
    kimbtaylor1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was lucky enough not to get the streach marks but I have been there with the "loose belly" . Over time it has gotten better but I still have some left to work out. I would suggest you give yourself some time before considering going under the knife. However, if with time you are still self consious about it, do what you feel you need to do. If you do go that route your regular doctor may be able to help with insurance. I can't remember the name of it but there is something about women's abs being torn open in pregnacy that could cause issues later. I'm not a doctor but it may be something to look into
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I was lucky enough not to get the streach marks but I have been there with the "loose belly" . Over time it has gotten better but I still have some left to work out. I would suggest you give yourself some time before considering going under the knife. However, if with time you are still self consious about it, do what you feel you need to do. If you do go that route your regular doctor may be able to help with insurance. I can't remember the name of it but there is something about women's abs being torn open in pregnacy that could cause issues later. I'm not a doctor but it may be something to look into

I am not self consious about it. Like I said previously, nobody sees my stomach but me and my husband. I am a mother to a teeenager and in no way looking to sport a two-piece, I have two hernias. My muscles are separated INCHES in the center. There is something under your muscle called fascia. Mine is torn. I have had doctors PUSH my intestines back inside my stomach. My options are A) have mesh implanted to close this hole or B) have the muscles sewn back together in a tummy tuck. I would rather not have mesh. The name of the issue that could cause a problem is diastasis. This is what I have and why I need surgery. Not because of "loose belly".