? are these sizes right ? yes!!

Options
timbotina
timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
Just wanted to send a little motivation/small success story....I had a 0.5lb wt. gain after a good couple days of a lot of exercise and was a little frustrated....until this evening.....went to Macy's and actually bought a size 12 pair of jeans (my previous size 18's were getting really snug)...and I bought 2 tops in size large (haven't worn anything in size large for...well, forever!! anyhow, can't sweat those small things...it's the great things that really count!!!!:tongue::happy:

35 lb lost so far since beginning Apr 2010 (12 with MFP in 1 month)

Replies

• husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Congratulations!! :happy::flowerforyou: :happy:
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

I was going to post a similar success story. I dropped about 20 pounds before anyone commented I looked like I had lost weight. Then it seemed I didn't lose any weight for a bit, but I did need to get some new clothes. Now some of those new clothes are getting a bit loose. I guess that's an OK problem to have. I've gotten a few comments from those I haven't seen in awhile.

I think it's harder for our family and people we work with the see the weight loss. Those that don't see us every day can see it more easily. Once we get new clothes that fit better I think everyone has an easier time seeing the changes.
  • kdhmiller
    kdhmiller Posts: 10
    Options
    Congratulations! That's great!
  • kdhmiller
    kdhmiller Posts: 10
    Options
    Congratulations! That's great!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

I was going to post a similar success story. I dropped about 20 pounds before anyone commented I looked like I had lost weight. Then it seemed I didn't lose any weight for a bit, but I did need to get some new clothes. Now some of those new clothes are getting a bit loose. I guess that's an OK problem to have. I've gotten a few comments from those I haven't seen in awhile.

I think it's harder for our family and people we work with the see the weight loss. Those that don't see us every day can see it more easily. Once we get new clothes that fit better I think everyone has an easier time seeing the changes.

Yes, people (including ourselves) who see us daily sometimes don't notice, but people you haven't seen in awhile will say, god, you look so good... also your clothes get big but until you go into the store and try on smaller sizes...you just don't realize...I am up to 35# lost (12 since with MFP)....and I couldn't believe the difference that made in sizes!!:love:
  • jlclarke
    jlclarke Posts: 107
    Options
    Great job
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Incredible! You've done such a great job so far, keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!