low sugar smoothies

Options
Hi all!!

So I am a big fan of having smoothies for a quick, easy, meal. Yet the ones i make have too much sugar, they tend to take up most of my daily allotment of sugar.

Any suggestions for low sugar smoothies?

Thanks!!

Sam

Replies

• _michellle
    _michellle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Make them yoursefl! I buy frozen fruit. (you can buy fruit and freeze it yourself but I find it to be way cheaper to buy it already frozen) I buy the fruit bags from Walmart, Great Value brand. Blend em all up together, I don't add ice since it's already all frozen. Add some low cal juice, yogurt, and that's all. They are absolutely delicious and I don't add any sugar (other than the sugar that's in the juice)

I make so many smoothies it takes nothing for me to get sick of them now!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

So I am a big fan of having smoothies for a quick, easy, meal. Yet the ones i make have too much sugar, they tend to take up most of my daily allotment of sugar.

Any suggestions for low sugar smoothies?

Thanks!!

Sam

Even better, make your smoothie and don't overly fret about sugar, unless you have a medical reason to do so
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    i do make my own smoothies,

i use half a banana, frozen four berry mix, trop fifty orange juice, and usually fat free and sugar free yogurt yet it still is a ton of sugar, i don't have a medical reason, i'm just trying to watch my sugar intake.

thanks guys!!