Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Options
Hello All. I have self-esteem issues...I always have and I get bouts of it now and then rather then all the time like I used to. My sister, realizing that I didn't feel as beautiful as I am, after just getting hit on by two guys who were both very decent, one four years younger than me and one that was a few years older. I am sad to say this but I honestly, and you can ask my sister this, I do not know what getting hit on is like, I never have...it happens to me all the time and I am oblivious to the fact that it actually happened. It just sounds like a guy or girl (yes, I've been hit on by girls) starting a conversation with me. Back to the original story, We went into Forever 21, which is a place I do not fit into and can not shop at, or so I thought. We went towards the back of the store and my sister grabbed up jeans in 16s and 18s. I tried on the 16s on the off-chance that they fit...and they FIT!! They fit, they fit, they fit!!! I was so over-joyed by this. Incredibly so. What was even better was that there was gappage!! It gapped everywhere, which was so great for my self-esteem, and I am now confident that I am losing weight, more than I thought I had.((Forever 21s 16 is basically a 14.)) -I've lost 4 lbs -probably more now considering I haven't checked in a couple of weeks-, despite the 2 in the bar. When I started I was 2 lbs heavier at 230.-

So yeah, I am happy currently.:laugh: :happy:

Replies

• nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    Hello All. I have self-esteem issues...I always have and I get bouts of it now and then rather then all the time like I used to. My sister, realizing that I didn't feel as beautiful as I am, after just getting hit on by two guys who were both very decent, one four years younger than me and one that was a few years older. I am sad to say this but I honestly, and you can ask my sister this, I do not know what getting hit on is like, I never have...it happens to me all the time and I am oblivious to the fact that it actually happened. It just sounds like a guy or girl (yes, I've been hit on by girls) starting a conversation with me. Back to the original story, We went into Forever 21, which is a place I do not fit into and can not shop at, or so I thought. We went towards the back of the store and my sister grabbed up jeans in 16s and 18s. I tried on the 16s on the off-chance that they fit...and they FIT!! They fit, they fit, they fit!!! I was so over-joyed by this. Incredibly so. What was even better was that there was gappage!! It gapped everywhere, which was so great for my self-esteem, and I am now confident that I am losing weight, more than I thought I had.((Forever 21s 16 is basically a 14.)) -I've lost 4 lbs -probably more now considering I haven't checked in a couple of weeks-, despite the 2 in the bar. When I started I was 2 lbs heavier at 230.-

Great news. :smile:

Just curious, did you ever resolve the whole grocery ordeal with your mother?

(Not that I think you're a troll or anything....:wink: )
  • jacolyncoker
    jacolyncoker Posts: 86 Member
    Options

All the forever 21's by me measure their sizes in waist! Like, 26. 27, 28, 29, 30, and so on and so forth...

Anyways haha Congrats!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I can relate--my sister is super-pretty and naturally thin... I got the "curvy" genes, I guess... too bad there's a lack of men who appreciate curves where I'm living. I totally understand the confidence boost you get when something doesn't fit because it's falling off.

CONGRATS!! You deserve your happiness, enjoy it! :D
  • pandageisha
    Options

Great news. :smile:

Just curious, did you ever resolve the whole grocery ordeal with your mother?

(Not that I think you're a troll or anything....:wink: )

I know!!! I'm very happy about this. Finally some progress after a rebound.

Actually I did, I decided that I would go shopping with my sister instead, since she is a vegetarian and I have somewhat vegetarian tendencies. -I still want sushi.- Much better food choices and exercise daily so this should be good.

((I would hope not. I am in no way a troll, in fact I despise them. They annoy the bloody hell out of me. :smile: ))
  • pandageisha
    Options

All the forever 21's by me measure their sizes in waist! Like, 26. 27, 28, 29, 30, and so on and so forth...

Anyways haha Congrats!

The stuff in the front does, but the bigger sizes and whatnot towards the back don't. They're higher sizes, so I guess they don't bother to measure them but the ones that I tried had size 16 and size 18 on them. Maybe for the higher sizes they do that.

Thank you!! :)
  • pandageisha
    Options
    I can relate--my sister is super-pretty and naturally thin... I got the "curvy" genes, I guess... too bad there's a lack of men who appreciate curves where I'm living. I totally understand the confidence boost you get when something doesn't fit because it's falling off.

CONGRATS!! You deserve your happiness, enjoy it! :D

I am very much, thanks!!
    My naturally thin friends are wonderful people, I just wish I was naturally thin and I'm working toward it. It was a great boost of confidence though, I started walking with confidence and everything, basically nothing was bothering me at all.
  • spatialdisplacement
    Options
    See I told you we should let me dress you up like Barbie more often! I win, so there! :P

And her mom thinks a decent meal is a large sub Hook and Ladder, with everything, large full sugar/calorie coke, chips and a cookie. Then again she burns 3000 calories a day at her job, so that's cool for her. But, the thought that if you eat anything after 5pm at all... including a vegetable it will camp out on your hips for ever.... That has me a little worried... ne?

Ahh, the 1990's misinformation seessions we all know and agonized over ...oi!

Take care all and good luck with your goals, see you at the finishline for a mani, pedi and a shopping spree!

The anonymous mind of SpatialDisplacement
    :drinker: COFFFEEEEE!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!