EM2WL and NROLFW

Options
hey guys- am two months in to EM2WL- Eating 1850-2150 cals a day- did a full week at 2400. lost a few lbs. at the first weigh in, stayed the same at the second. Feeling great about that and enjoying weighing myself once a month after a long time of weighing myself daily and freaking out about the scale (though I claimed it helped me to weigh myself daily so i could get used to fluctutations, i was still putting all my effort into making that number lower). I know people say the scale doesn't matter but this is the first time I feel free from it, I think because the self esteem is coming from achievements in the weight room and the way my clothes are fitting- i just feel really good. I guess eating more is probably helping a lot with that.
I'm on workout 8 of NROLFW and REALLY enjoying it.
These two things go hand in hand so nicely. Seems like a lot of people are thinking about trying this so i thought i'd throw it out there to you that this is the happiest i remember being in terms of my weight and my relationship to food.

Replies

• berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    BUMP
    I second just about everything she said :)
  • shst07
    shst07 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good for you! And I agree!
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    in on it too! :)
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm doing IPOARM which has basically the same concepts, I believe. And I am on workout 6 of stage 1 in NROL4W. Totally agree with you. Trying to put the scale away too... Def the best I have felt in a long time!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    This is so wonderful to read. We are brainwashed our whole lives into believing that we just need to eat less and whatever number the scale says, tells us if we should feel good about ourselves. How refreshing to see more people try an alternative, and see that it works! Congratulations on your new relationship with food, the scale, and weight lifting. And your weight loss!
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am on stage 3 of NROL4W and following ipoarm. I am all about measurements and bodyfat these days, the scale is not for me anymore.
  • missjeevious
    missjeevious Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What is IPOARM?
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    What is IPOARM?

In Place of A Road Map - thread by helloitsdan
    It is now on it's third update: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

Similar to EM2WL, in that is recommends a healthy amount of calories (no 1200 to be seen for anyone of average size).
    Good reading!
  • marciabwls
    marciabwls Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    O.k Please tell me what NROLFW is ..Thank you...
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    O.k Please tell me what NROLFW is ..Thank you...

New Rules of Lifting for Women (a 6ish month training plan to build muscle and learn a great weight training/eating routine)
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Just bought NROWLFW on my Kindle. My next step to enabling my body to get smaller. Please note I do not intend to shrink, 5"0' is plenty short enough. Shame it doesn't include a chapter on getting taller too!!!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    hey guys- am two months in to EM2WL- Eating 1850-2150 cals a day- did a full week at 2400. lost a few lbs. at the first weigh in, stayed the same at the second. Feeling great about that and enjoying weighing myself once a month after a long time of weighing myself daily and freaking out about the scale (though I claimed it helped me to weigh myself daily so i could get used to fluctutations, i was still putting all my effort into making that number lower). I know people say the scale doesn't matter but this is the first time I feel free from it, I think because the self esteem is coming from achievements in the weight room and the way my clothes are fitting- i just feel really good. I guess eating more is probably helping a lot with that.
    I'm on workout 8 of NROLFW and REALLY enjoying it.
    These two things go hand in hand so nicely. Seems like a lot of people are thinking about trying this so i thought i'd throw it out there to you that this is the happiest i remember being in terms of my weight and my relationship to food.

applause-o.gif

Eat between your BMR and TDEE and pick up big weights. It works. Just wish I'd know this years ago!
  • marciabwls
    marciabwls Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    So how many lbs(weights) do you use... I have some back issues with discs.. Can I do this
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    love hearing success stories like this!
  • Strangegirlz
    Strangegirlz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Right that's it I'm going to do this em2wl. Please tell me not to freak out at the thought of gaining weight.It's only gonna be short term and then it will come off, right? I eat well, lift heavy and do not want to have to live on 1200 cal, it's boring;)
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • lil_wendy
    lil_wendy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How can I join this group? I'm on stage 1 workout 4A.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!