Advice on which DVD to get

Options
jk1231
jk1231 Posts: 23 Member
Any recommendations for a good work out dvd? Something that I don't need weights for and can do in my living room :)

Thanks!

Replies

• cjcmrn
    cjcmrn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    insanity
  • vickyjane1710
    vickyjane1710 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ministry of sound ones are good
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    go on you tube and search
    BEFIT and FITNESSBLENDER

there are TONS of workouts you can do for free! We use our Blueray DVD and stream them on the television
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I love walking away the pounds with Leslie Sansone ....1 to 5 miles and its an overall great workout ....upper and lower body ... I love love love Leslie Sansone ... you can pick them up at Walmart for like 10.00
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    btw, tomorrow is my last day of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and loved it! All three levels are on youtube.

I also have Jillian's shred and shed and love that one too!
    The biggest loser cardio max is a good one too
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Turbo Fire right now which I love! Insanity is great too (uses your own body weight for resistance). Good luck in finding the one that works for you!
  • MsFree09
    MsFree09 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You don't necessarily have to buy a dvd. Go on you tube and check out Fitness Blender (380 videos), Tiffany Rothe, Zumba, etc.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I looked at your profile page and doesn't look like you have much to lose! I would recommend Jillian Michael's Body Revolution (12 DVD's about $120 for a 90 day program- super fun and I never got bored and was generally entertained throughout). Or Jillian's No More Trouble Zones (NMTZ) though you will need 3 pound dumbells, and maybe 5's.

Also, I love love love Jillian's Kickbox Fast Fix. It's a high energy kickboxing set of three 20 minute workouts. I usually do 2 in a row. It is so much fun, but make sure the kids are penned up in a room. If they got in the way you'd likely take one of them out :0 Also, although it's kickboxing it works your core bigtime!
  • Dansk_USA
    Dansk_USA Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 43 of Insanity. Kind of expensive, but I do it in my living room along with my 2 and 3 year old. I just had my last child this last December, so was not in great shape when I started the series, but am now much more toned and fit. Even lost almost all of the baby gut I had from having 5 kids (to which my PT said I would be stuck with forever!) If you have any problems to where you shouldn't do any HIIT workouts, though, then do not attempt this one. It's a matter of how intense a workout you want. We all have our favorites :)
  • jk1231
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I would love to get rid of that last baby gut too :) Im going to get 30 day shred first and if I get bored, get insanity.
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have several, but I like the one by Mel B: Total Fit dvd (http://compare.ebay.com/like/160993067588?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar), especially the "tums" and "bums" section! :)
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have several of the Leslie Sansome DVD's. You can use weights but you don't have to. Not complicated and great for those just getting started. I have heard great reviews on the Jillian Michael's workouts. Good luck.
  • jk1231
    Options
    I have one more question. Which insanity is the best for the first?
  • LeoT97
    LeoT97 Posts: 2
    Options
    When I travel I always take Slim In 6 - followed it for a long time at home and its great ordered from Beach Body