I need support - a Lot of it!

Options
Hey everyone, I have been with MFP since the end of January and I have lost 43 lbs. I'm thrilled, both with the changes in my shape and the changes in my attitude towards getting healthy. I will very likely never be a runner, due to asthma, but lately I have had the desire to run, even if its only a very short distance. I still have a long way to go in my journey to a healthy weight but as soon as I start running, OK more like jogging, I realize I need a really good support bra or just a really good regular bra. One that will really support you. ( I'm saying OUCH here). I don't think anyone makes a great sports bra to fit my cup size ( H cup) but if anyone know a really supportive bra that comes in that cup size I would LOVE the information. I only plan on getting more and more active so they would be worth the investment. I have a bra from Jenique that was the most supportive bra ever but I can't seem to find them anymore. I appreicat any help y'all can give. MFP people are the best! I appreciate y'all!

Replies

• shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    I am a DDD and I wear a sports bra over a regular cotton bra. Sometimes I almost feel like a third would help. I have been running and it hurts my chest. I saw someone wearing double bras and tried it and it works!
  • AGG115
    AGG115 Posts: 62
    Options
    Girl, you find one, you let me know. I've heard a lot of people, including my friend who's an I cup, think Bosom Buddies is good, but I haven't been happy with them. You might start here and then keep Googling if you don't like these: http://www.biggerbras.com/catalog/bras-lingerie-swimwear.cfm?sstype=79&ssbrand=&sssize=207&sscolor=&stock=1&price=&offer=
  • ellykay7
    ellykay7 Posts: 26
    Options
    I am a DDD and I wear a sports bra over a regular cotton bra. Sometimes I almost feel like a third would help. I have been running and it hurts my chest. I saw someone wearing double bras and tried it and it works!

I am also a DDD and I use a sports bra over a regular one as well and it really helps. I ride horses and it provides a lot of support.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options

Where do you find a sports bra? I can't even find anything that will fit a DDD that provides the slightest bit of extra support compared to a regular bra.
  • deeann1459
    deeann1459 Posts: 116
    Options

Where do you find a sports bra? I can't even find anything that will fit a DDD that provides the slightest bit of extra support compared to a regular bra.

The support comes from the normal underwire... the sports bra just binds/squishes/straps them in for the bumpy ride =)

I do the same thing, and it also makes IBA a lot more comfortable!
  • Sherry44
    Sherry44 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know my friend wears two bras and she isn't that big up there, but she runs a lot!
    I heard that bras will be supportive longer if you don't put them in the dryer. I have done this faithfully for the past 6 months & it does work, but only for so long. It is definitely worth putting them aside after being washed!
  • WussKat
    WussKat Posts: 63
    Options
    I bought a great sport bra by Royce (I am a G cup). I bought it from a UK company called Bravissimo - link is here:

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/royce/sports-bras/ro10-details.aspx?colour=white&ck=a76LCeLVSqE1huItORZHv+JnqTJRfIE+NwSMW4FJAqk=

I am not sure if they post internationally but I am sure you could find it in your country (if you are not UK that is!) :smile:
  • ang696
    ang696 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Another DDD here and I have one 18 hour Playtex bra that's like a bra/sports bra combo. The "boob" part is holds and squishes them together like a sports bra and the rest of it feels like a regular bra and is supportive like one. I don't know what specific type of playtex bra its called, but on the tag the model number is 4049..
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    This is a great post with great info. My girls can really get out of control,especially with jumping jacks, etc. with cardio workouts. I hadn't thought of doubling up ... Thanks!