Frustrated!

Options
I'm getting so frustrated because I've been doing great being right around 1200 calories for almost 2 weeks and I haven't seen any change on the scale or inchwise. It makes me worried that maybe I'm going into starvation mode or maybe I'm eating too much. What do I do to get the weight coming off again?

Replies

• kandiedkisses18
    Options
    I'm getting so frustrated because I've been doing great being right around 1200 calories for almost 2 weeks and I haven't seen any change on the scale or inchwise. It makes me worried that maybe I'm going into starvation mode or maybe I'm eating too much. What do I do to get the weight coming off again?
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Either you're going into starvation or you need to flush some things out ya system... Are you drinkin enough water?
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    for as much as you want to loose. are you sure your eatting enough calories... I have 91 lbs to loose and i have 1710 cals a day with 2 lbs a week and thats nto with exersize.... just a thought :bigsmile:
  • kandiedkisses18
    Options
    1200 is what mfp put me at so that is what I've been doing. I'm not sure if that is too little. I'm 5'0 and 177lbs. And yep I think I drink enough water.I drink like 8 bottles a day.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Just for me, I found 1200 to 1600 cals were way too much for me.....
    I know what my profile said and I went by it, but I had to drop.

Listen to your bidy, but be careful and don't starve yourself.

I am finally back on track.

good luck
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    If you have been eating more than 1200 and just in the last 2 weeks cut back to 1200 your body may THINK it is in starvation mode and just be adjusting. As soon as it learns that it is actually getting enough food it should kick in - oh, and are you eating your exercise calories?! If not, you MAY be in starvation mode.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    If you have been eating more than 1200 and just in the last 2 weeks cut back to 1200 your body may THINK it is in starvation mode and just be adjusting. As soon as it learns that it is actually getting enough food it should kick in - oh, and are you eating your exercise calories?! If not, you MAY be in starvation mode.
  • GonnaDoIt
    GonnaDoIt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and at 152 right now. I have been at 152 for a week now and amstaying right around my calories. I was dropping weight like carzy at first with the 1200 cal and now I am still eating the same things and the scale is not moving! I am in the same boat as you.......a little frustrated!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]60180.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You seem to know what you are talking about. Do you think you could explain me the concept of "eating your exersize calories". I thought, you want to lose those calories, not balance them?:noway:
  • dwalden
    dwalden Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You might consider take you normal calorie count with no weight loss and move it down by 250 cals. If this does not help drop by another 250. Dropping down to 1200 in one shot may have put your body into starvation mode. It is recommended to keep your body above 1200 at all times.

Good luck.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    MFP gives you your daily calories based on the weight you want to lose (ie: 1-2lbs/ wk) so any exercise you do beyond that means an extra calorie deficit to your body. MFP assigns you your daily calories basically with the assumption that you're not going to work out. So when you burn 300 cals in a day exercising, you need to give that back to your body so it doesn't think it's starving. I exercise my butt off each day and I definitely take advantage of eating my exercise cals and in the last week (since joining) I've lost 4lbs. That's just initial loss but it goes to show that eating the exercise calories is a must-do :)
  • windian
    windian Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Take a weekend off your diet and it will boost your metabolism, but go right back on the diet on Monday. Good luck!