PLEASE ATKINS....LOW CARB RECIPES

Options
Hey friends, I am starting the Atkins low carb diet and was wandering if anyone had any good recipes they would like to share. Wanting to be successful at this and get bored with my ideas! Thanks everyone.

Replies

• Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Not really recipes, but roasted vegetables make a really good side, you can make all kinds do salads, one of my raves is spinach, avocado, bacon chicken : ). As for the main course, figure out what types and cuts of meat you like. Pretty basic and easy. Hope that was at least a little helpful.
  • NancyStree
    NancyStree Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    if you go on pinterest and put in low carb low fat recipes you will see lots...and then you can choose what you like...
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I don't follow a low carb diet any longer- but I did for most of last year and I set up a little group of here (5000 members)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group

There is a TON of info on there regarding low carb diets/ meal plans/ recipes etc....
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    mine are whole30 approved. Only whole food but here are a couple:

Paleo Meat Loaf
    1 Pound Grass Fed Ground Beef
    1 Pound Homemade or Nitrate free Sausage
    1/2 cup grated Onion
    1/2-1 cup of pork rinds
    2-3 eggs
    1 Can of Organic Tomato Sauce divided

Mix 1/2 of sauce and all the rest of the ingredients along with spices and salt and pepper of your choice. Set the other 1/2 of the sauce aside. Season the sauce to your liking.

Put the meat loaf in a 8x8 Pan, bake at 350 for 1 hour. At this point I pull it out of the oven, drain some of the grease off, and top with the remaining sauce, and put back in the oven for 10 more minutes.

Cauliflower Hash

1 head of cauliflower riced and steamed
    3 Table Spoons of Coconut Oil or Ghee
    4-6 strips of Nitrate free, Sugar Free Bacon
    1 Onion

Fry Bacon in pan, Leave Drippings Melt Oil, add onion and cauliflower, Crumble bacon and add back into Pan, Saute until brown and onions are caramelized.
  • pammcc1107
    Options
    My favorite webiste for Atkins Low carb recipes: also know as Linda's Low Carb recipes

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/
  • cdusanka
    cdusanka Posts: 33
    Options
    bump
  • PRP63
    PRP63 Posts: 1
    Options
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    1 Steak - preferably Rib Eye
    Salt and Pepper
    Butter greased skillet
    Cook hot and fast
  • Blafily
    Blafily Posts: 21
    Options
    1 Steak - preferably Rib Eye
    Salt and Pepper
    Butter greased skillet
    Cook hot and fast

what are the macros on that sir?
  • msblingnc
    Options
    You guys are AWESOME thanks for all your help!!!
  • msblingnc
    Options
    Wow Alisha ...How did you lose so much weight? That is fantastic. Congrats
  • msblingnc
    Options
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not bad for you. In fact, healthy carbs in moderation are good for you. Low carb diets are not good for your health.
  • msblingnc
    Options
    Amazing results for alot of you! Way to go.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    1 cup coconut oul.
    1 cup butter.
    1/4 cup stevia.

Mix with a spoon, stick in the freezer for twenty minutes, then eat straight from the bowl with glee while reading Gary Taubes "Good Calores, Bad Calories".

:heart: :drinker:
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Low carb diets are not good for your health.
    No offense, but this is completely untrue and not based in either science or reality.

There are many, many people for whom carbs ARE unhealthy. Anyone with diabetes, PCOS or metabolic syndrome needs to watch their carbohydrate intake.

Refined/processed carbs (refined flours, any refined sugars) are horrible for EVERYONE, not just people with impaired carbohydrate metabolism.

Your best sources of carbs, regardless of who you are, is non-starchy vegetables and lower-glycemic fruit.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    As for recipes, check out 'bowulf' on youtube. He's got hundreds of recipes.

Another great resource for low-carb recipes is www.diabetesforum.com/diabetes-recipes/ ... That particular diabetes forum specifically caters to those who control their diabetes via very-low-carb diets.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Low carb diets are fine
  • Carbs are not bad for you. In fact, healthy carbs in moderation are good for you. Low carb diets are not good for your health.

THIS.
    Thank you so much. You just have to educate yourself. INGREDIENTS IS KEY. A lot of "low carb" items are processed, which isn't healthy.

Good carbs > Bad carbs
    Good fats > Bad fats

Honestly, whole natural/raw foods are better for you. Low carbs/Atkins is filled with meat. Too much meat isn't good for you. If you want to lose weight and be fit make a lifestyle change, screw the diet.
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. I don't follow Atkins. But handy for recipe ideas xx