When to stop losing and start maintaining??

Options
I am now within my healthy weight range. What is a good goal to stop losing and start maintaining, how do we decide? A weight and size I was happy with growing up and in my very early 20s was 125 lbs. My goal right now is 130. I'm not sure why I chose this goal or if I it should be 135 or 120. I know I need to lose more inches and tone. More toning than anything.

The my healthy range is anywhere from 115-141. Right now I'm 140, but how do we know when to stop. Has anyone had thoughts one how they decided a certain number was going to be their goal?

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You'll know when you're done
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    As long as you're in a healthy range for your height and build, it's when you're happy. A goal weight is obviously important, but once you get close to it the number means less and how you look and feel means more. You may even decide at a point to stop trying to just lose weight and maybe gain some muscle. But, don't worry too much about the exact number. You'll know.
  • LaDonnaF
    LaDonnaF Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    How do you know when you should stop losing weight.......... I would say that this is up to the individual, right? Are you happy where you are at now? If not then you can continue to lose... maybe don't focus so hard on it.... exercise for the benefit of it versus to lose weight... if you know what I mean.

Congrats on the loss!
  • BrittneyT2
    BrittneyT2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'd say stick with your original goal and then see how you look & feel when you reach it. Then you can decide if you like it or want to lose a couple more pounds. Or you may reach that point before getting down to your original goal. As you get close to the end, it's a lot more about look/feel/clothing size & fitting than it is a number on the scale :-)