when you don't feel like working out ..

SparkPeople members answer: "When I don't feel like working out, I ___."

1.Do it anyway. (This was the most popular answer!)
2.Tell myself to go for 15 minutes. If I still feel bad or unmotivated, I can quit. I have yet to quit.
3,Look on Pinterest for motivation! (Check out Pinterest's Fitness section and follow SparkPeople's Pinterest boards.)
4.Ask a friend along to the workout it helps us both with accountability.
5.Do a heavy house cleaning (vacuuming, moving furniture, scrubbing) so I have a reason to work out.

read the rest http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=40_things_to_try_when_you_dont_want_to_work_out

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    I look on tumblr for workouts.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    drink whiskey,
  • balanceten
    balanceten Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks for the advice! I never thought to fool myself into getting at least 15mins in. I usually dread having to do 30-60mins and then postpone. Im gonna try the 15mins! Im sure my body will be warmed up and I will just end up getting a good workout in!
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    I have a no excuse policy with myself. When I don't feel like it I remind myself that taking one day off makes it easier to take another day off and then another, etc. It's a snowball effect for me. No matter how I feel I go workout...am ALWAYS glad I did.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    I can't look at Pinterest because I'll get sucked into my phone or laptop. ;)

I do the "just suck it up and give it 15 minutes" thing. I find that if I've been going for 15 minutes, my brain often says, "You've done 15, so you may as well do 30." At 30, I either stop or do another 15-30 minutes, depending on how I feel. Sometimes I'm still grumpy and "meh" afterward, but at least I got it out of the way and don't feel guilty about being emo on the couch all night.
  • When I don't feel like working out, all I have to do is turn on some upbeat music, which gets me in a dancing mood which either I dance for over a half an hour or I dance and workout.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Thanks for the advice! I never thought to fool myself into getting at least 15mins in. I usually dread having to do 30-60mins and then postpone. Im gonna try the 15mins! Im sure my body will be warmed up and I will just end up getting a good workout in!

This has worked for me well in the past.
    I say, "just 15 mins and I can go home."
    But them I'm warmed up and I feel i can go for another 15 or whatever.

it's not 100% effective but it's good enough.
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    When I don't feel like working out, I go here...

http://www.reddit.com/r/hardbodies/
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    I look at my before and after picture. (I have it on my fridge at home, at my desk at work and on my phone.) Remember how I used to look when I didn't want to work out reminds me why I do.

That and there's a really good looking guy who works out at the gym the same time I do every day so even if I don't want to go, I go anyway just to chat with him. :)
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,290 Member
    I get my butt up and do it anyway.
    Or else...
    I feel like a fat slob and just pour myself a pity-drink.

The drink usually doesn't help me feel better about skipping my workout.