New, nervous and in need of friends.

vahdez
vahdez Posts: 4 Member
Hello all,

I am new to MFP and am looking forward to working with it to be healthy.
My goal is to lose at least 40 pounds this year.

I am looking for friends who are dealing with real life situations.

I am 23 (24 on april 5th), married with no children, work full time as a Youth Minister and have lost my motivation.

Prior to my wedding (01/21/12) I was very motivated and worked hard. I felt great at my wedding, but have lost my motivation since.

I am in need of real-life suggestions, real-life people, and real-life motivation. I also am nervous about this new journey.
I feel intimidated seeing all of the fantastic results.

Thank you!

Replies

• balanceten
    balanceten Posts: 5 Member
    Hi,
    Welcome! I have recently joined MFP. Hope to see your progress throughout the year!
  • Sherae12
    Sherae12 Posts: 89 Member
    Hi I'm 20, married and new to the site as well. My goal is 43 lbs for the year. That will bring me down to a goal weight of 210 lbs. Feel free to add me if you like.

That goes for anyone!!!
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Hello! Feel free to add me if you wish! I am on everyday!
  • I would like to be friends with you on here. I was touched by your story. I did too lose motivation but have gotten it back through my relationship with God.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Feel free to add me as well.
  • cinfaro
    cinfaro Posts: 131 Member
    Feel free to add me :) I have lost 80 lbs since last March :) its alot of work but so worth it!!!! You got this!!!
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    I would love to help if I can. Feel free to add me.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Hi! Feel free to add me...I'm on pretty much every day even though I only log Monday - Friday now that I'm at maintenance. I'm not the type to tell you that you did a great job each time you log a day but I'm great for advice and real support :)
  • Feel free to add...I am still kind of a newbie myself...been here for a little over a month and lost seven pounds so far!
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Everyone started somewhere. As you start losing, seeing others' successes will help to motivate you more. And likewise, your success will motivate others. Welcome aboard!
  • Would love to help you get back to goals and give support and encouragement when needed! Feel free to add me!! :)
  • sherbe2
    sherbe2 Posts: 1 Member
    HI, I am a week old on the site. Finding frustration is my ultimate thing right now. Trying to eat the right amount of calories / protein and not going over on sodium. I have a whopping 200 pounds to lose but don't plan on getting to that goal till Sept 2014. Or at least close. I have played on this roller coaster enough and am now 48 and want to take it serious. I am nervous, scared and need of so much support! I want to help others as well and am here for you. I know this journey is scary and maybe long.....but we can do it. Good luck to you! I will be praying for your success!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Don't be nervous. Face this head on and you will have success. I have a husband, kids, 2 jobs and quite a bit older than you. I've been on this journey since the first of the year and have already dropped 24 lbs. It is slow, but steady. You can do it too!!!
  • tiffy596
    tiffy596 Posts: 1
    I was scared at first to I had tried every thing possible to lose my post baby weight I started out at 180lbs and did p90x My motivation was my life I want to be around for a long time I know you don't have any children but if you think about it whn you do have children you'll wanna be around to watch them grow up and have babys of their own and not to mention the way you feel when you hit your goal and you think I did it and you'll want to keep going and going untill your where you want to be
  • sldavis0149
    sldavis0149 Posts: 3 Member
    Add me if you would like. I love reading everybody else's thoughts and seeing the progress. It makes me realize I'm not the only one out there doing this.
  • Hi. I am in desperate need of loosing 25 pounds. I am so tired of starting over, over. And over again! Please help me keep on track and not giving up!!!!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Anyone is welcome to add me... Lucky husband, father of two (three in October) and down 144 pounds since the first of July. Not quite 9 months. I have just under 70 pounds to go. Welcome and if I can you can!
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    you can add me too and i will be supportive