What are you going to do when you succeed?

Options
Not if, when, you get to your goal weight, how are you going to, or how did you, celebrate?

I plan to get a tattoo. I've wanted one for quite awhile, but didn't want to get one while heavy. Some part of me always knew I wanted to get fit, and I know what happens to tattoos when skin shrinks. I want to get it somewhere where I'd hate to 'grow,' so I have additional motivation to stay fit.

I've been treating myself at milestones--when I lost 20 lbs (I lost 20 before joining MFP), I went on a (tandem) skydive, because I couldn't before I lost that weight. Still thinking about what to do for the next milestone...

Replies

• fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buy a pair of amazing high heels and dance until dawn.
  • jdyer90
    jdyer90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I want to see what poeple have to say to this! After 10lbs I bought new sneakers, I was squeezing into size 18 jeans, now all my jeans are perfect or too big! So I promised myslef every size I lose I will get a new pair of Gap Jeans, So I have my size 16 at home they fit but not that "perfect" fit. I've lost 20lbs so far and I'm hoping the next 10lbs will take me there! So excited to just keep on going and get to the finish line!
  • HJMAYES
    HJMAYES Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love seeing these goals too! My first 10 lbs, I got myself a nice massage. I liked it so much I scheduled another one for the following six weeks (at 15 lbs lost by then).
    I'm not sure about the 20 lb mark. When I get to 145 goal weight - it will be a biggie (maybe a trip?) and when I get down to my 131 goal weight (with 19% body fat) then I definitely have to do something big!
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna get fringed shorts.
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Goals.. very importart for me to have them...
    These are what I have planned out...

Started at 310lbs- from there...
    285lbs(achieved!)- New outfit
    265lbs- Knotts Berry Farm Tip
    240lbs- San Diego Weekend Trip
    220lbs- Six Flags Day Trip
    180-190lbs- Sky Diving!
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am going to buy so many bikinis and shorts!
  • firedenswife2012
    firedenswife2012 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Right now I am swimming at a gym every morning on my own. Since I will keep it up for the year my reward starting in January will be to join a Synchronized swim and swim team so I can compete. I am very competitive and use to be part of a team (over ten years ago). To me this is a great big reward. I can't join before January as I am in school at the times that the teams meet but I graduate in December :)
  • Kelin
    Kelin Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am going to buy an amazing sexy dress, heels and some lingerie. Then I am going to get boudoir photos done for my husband (AND MYSELF). I also plan on whitening my teeth professionally, get a small tattoo in a hidden place (my first) to remind myself of how hard I worked and buying a new wardrobe with clothes that I love and can be proud of. And finally, my husband promised me a 10 day beach vacation at a resort in Mexico to celebrate. Ultimately the real reward is being fit and healthy, but I figure if I spoil myself a little at the end it won't hurt anything. ;)
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yea, shorts, shoes and trips!!

JessicaOnKeto: the skydiving was amazing! I can't wait to do it again.
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    A boob lift, judging by the deflation I see. ;)
  • When I hit my first goal weight 65kg:

1. clothes shopping most likely
    2. nose re-pierced

When I reach my goal "size" 8-10 AU

1. shopping spree
    2. boudoir photoshoot
    3. wedding dress shopping =) and seriously planning my wedding
    4. tattoo along my side

I have the two goals because they may not actually be at the same time =) for example I will probably hit 65kg before i get near size 10AU =) but Its all good - I'm not that fussed on the weight - its the clothing size that I want =D
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make more goals and reach higher to show myself what I'm capable of.

I will keep going.
  • natmckn
    natmckn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I bought a two-piece bikini and have it hanging up in my closet as motivation. I plan to wear it memorial day weekend to show off my new bod!! :)
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I plan on being naked a lot more......
  • mrsTravo9112
    mrsTravo9112 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    HOLD ON TO IT! & Never Let It GO!

I want to always remember how HARD IT WAS being overweight & KEEP it a memory... Prayfully I will reach my goal by my Birthday & Celebrate with my family & friends ~ Dancing the night away in the arms of my husband!
  • mrsTravo9112
    mrsTravo9112 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I plan on being naked a lot more......

AMEN & AMEN to that! ***blush***
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    more lingerie
    the highest heeled boot to the knee i can find.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to think I'll never hit my goal weight. Which isn't so bad because it's means I can never stop trying. :tongue:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Probably nothing special. I look forward to being able to walk around with my shirt off and looking good like I used to...and I look forward to continued positive results on my blood work. I'm pretty much never done with anything...once I've succeeded in achieving a goal, I'm on to the next one...I never stop progressing.
  • tinavflynn
    tinavflynn Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo that covers a lot of my right side, which I got when I was about 90 lbs thinner. It's a tribal tattoo with a bunch of flowers. I was so proud of it when I got it, but now that it's been stretched out I see a lot of imperfections (probably some due to the weight gain, probably some due to the tattoo artist). When I reach my goal weight I want to get it touched up and really looking good again. I'll probably also go on a pretty big shopping spree as well.