I'm gonna toot my own horn

Options
Just got my 100 day in a row Log In notice. I'm coming from the gym where I completed a 1 hour circuit training class. I knocked out 40 push-ups in between weight lifting and ab sets. 100 days ago, I weighed 249 lbs. I couldn't do a single push-up. I got tired walking up the stairs and my "exercise" consisted of a 15 minute walk around the lake (sometimes) and I was tired when I was done. Today, I can run 1 hour on the elliptical and complete a high intensity interval workout. I am lifting weights, I am doing sit ups and leg lifts, I am doing push-ups, running up the stairs, and walking 5 miles as a warm up to my workout. I weighed in yesterday at 218.7. The best news is that my son's wedding (which was the impetus for all of this) is still more than 6 months away. I'm more than halfway to my goal of losing 50 lbs for the wedding and may consider setting a new one. First things first....I need to get out of the "teens" and into the "0s". As many people say, there is no magic. I'm not doing this on any trendy diet. I'm monitoring what I am eating on MFP, I'm setting realistic calorie goals for myself by getting my RMR and V02 tested so I know how my body is reacting and I'm getting retested as needed if I feel I've stalled and need to recalibrate. I've had a couple days (believe it or not, only a couple) where I went over my calories and, as bad as I felt, I somehow struggled to the gym the next day and vowed to do better the next week. Again, no secrets. It isn't a diet. It's the way I know I need to be if I want to feel as good as I do. The pile of clothes I can't fit into is growing and there is nothing more satisfying than tossing aside a belt that is just too big to use. It isn't easy. Don't ever think it will be. Just celebrate your victories, be better every day and if you aren't, be better the next day. Don't stop until you get where you are going and then keep it up! :) Thanks to the MFP community and the program for the support.

Replies

• NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    ^^ The truth ---Golf Clap!
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    toot away!!! It shows that all of your hard work and dedication is paying off. Keep the progress going.
  • OkaNekko
    OkaNekko Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You Rock!!! You have a great outlook. Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • waldrope
    waldrope Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep on keeping on! You have a grreat attitude, so I know you will be successful.
  • Mbrowne55
    Mbrowne55 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! It isn't easy, but its so worth it. Congratulations on your success so far. Seems that you will just keep on getting healthier with the habits you've established.
  • mgsimon
    mgsimon Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you all. It is this kind of support that makes the difference. That, and just getting up and doing it again...every day. Now, if I could just put the freakin' scale away and just go by how the clothes fit. But, the actual lbs goal for my son's wedding is important in its own way. Hopefully, once that passes, I keep this up but without the focus on the weight part. Just the focus on eating healthy, making good choices, and staying active and off the couch. (oh, and not eating at night, living on a diet of only cheeseburgers, eating entire pizzas by myself, taking the bowl of onion dip so I could finish it, eating peanut butter sandwiches after dinner even though I wasn't hungry, stopping for fast food on my way home from work as an appetizer for dinner, stopping for fast food any time I was going to drive more than 45 minutes....hmmm, did I leave anything out? :)
  • momtraders
    momtraders Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Nice job! super impressive :) Thanks for the inspiration!
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Well done. Toot away
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    So wait. Let me get this straight. You're saying....what you're saying is that...eating less and exercising leads to weight loss?

Awesome, dude! Keep it up
  • belleparis
    belleparis Posts: 111
    Options
    Very inspirational. Thank you for that. You rock indeed! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    As many people say, there is no magic.
    It isn't a diet.
    It isn't easy.
    Don't ever think it will be.

Yes sir. But look how many do it.
    ANYONE can.
  • luvs2read1979
    luvs2read1979 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    As well you should! Congrats on your weight loss thus far and the stamina you've managed to build! Good luck on staying motivated past the wedding and continuing your lifestyle change efforts.
  • HawaiiRainstorm
    Options
    congrats. Its all about life style changes. Its all about dont put it in your mouth unless your body needs it or your willing to spend a hour in exercise taking it back off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!