How to prepare red chard?

Options
So I bought some red chard at Sprouts, It looked gorgeous but I have NO idea how to cook/prepare it! Haha I thought about throwing it in with my raw kale salad. Any other ideas?

Replies

• lotusfairy1
    Options
    I love it juiced, in quiche, and sauteed with in coconut oil with onion and garlic
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oh yum! Coconut oil with onion and garlic sounds delish! Thanks :)
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Stir fry it with olive oil, then add can of tomatoes, cook a few minutes more, salt and pepper to taste, enjoy.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Add to juicer. Juice. Done.

Put olive in pan. Add chopped kale. Add red chili flakes, salt, black pepper. Cook.
    Done.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I've made it this way before. I think it is a Rachel Ray recipe that I got from one of her shows.

Ingredients
    2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1 small red onion, thinly sliced
    10 to 12 cups red chard (2 bunches trimmed and coarsely chopped)
    Grated nutmeg, to your taste
    Coarse salt and pepper
    2 tablespoons red wine or cider vinegar

Directions

Make sure your greens are very dry before preparing recipe. Also, wash and chop them when you come in from market, then they are ready for you to cook up even quicker.

Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and toss 2 minutes, then add chard in bunches and keep it moving as it wilts up a bit - you are just searing it up. The greens should remain crisp and crunchy. Wilting them all and searing them up should take no more than 3 to 4 minutes. Season the greens with nutmeg and salt and pepper, to taste. Douse the pan with a little vinegar and remove from heat. Toss to cook off vinegar and serve the greens hot.
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    All of these ways sound great! Thanks for the responses everyone!