crystal light

Options
does drinking crystal or the walmart brand count as drinking water? im over here tryen my hardest to drink water, and its not going down as much as crystal light would,

please i dont want to hear about how its has sweetners in it, i just want to know if it counts!

Replies

• mab0669
    mab0669 Posts: 29
    Options
    I count any drinks that have no caffeine as my water for the day...i'm not saying that it's technically right, but that is what i do.
  • freehold1979
    Options
    I love crystal light and always count it as water. Each pack has a mere 5 calories but I still add it into my food diary!
  • lisaosumarie
    Options
    I would love to hear answers to this as well. I have been wondering the same thing. I have such a hard time drinking plain water all the time!
  • shawnalmil
    shawnalmil Posts: 137
    Options
    I love crystal light and always count it as water. Each pack has a mere 5 calories but I still add it into my food diary!
    i love the lemonade,one but i have to use one pack for almost 2 bottles because they are so strong, and i will count it, becuase it is calories
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I don't think you would count it you don't count hot tea or coffee as water wither its caffinated or de-caf
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    When I did weight watchers, up to three crystal lights or black decaf coffee/tea were allowed to be used as your water intake... So If I use crystal light I count it as water..... BUT thats just me.... hope this helps. :bigsmile:
  • ranhound
    ranhound Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It takes me 2 quarts of water to make a batch. I too count it as water but I know it is not "pure" water. What if, hypothetically, you drank 8 glasses of pure water and separately consumed the Crystal Light some other way (gak!). Why would combining water and Crystal light negate tallying your water consumption?:drinker:
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    I too drink the walmart brand...I found it yesterday! It made drinking my 8 glasses SO MUCH EASIER! Though, at the end of the day I was sick of the taste. (I mixed up all my water and my tub of flavor in the am to drink through the day.) Today I'm only drinking half a tub in all my water...so far it is much better.

I count it as my water. And I count the calories, but I consider them well worth it for making water so much tastier for me!
  • Mary_Burris
    Mary_Burris Posts: 120
    Options
    Well I count the water I drink with it because its the only way I drink water! I do add each packet to my diary though. I would count the water because otherwise I would be drinking 120oz of water a day for nothing. lol
  • tearianna
    tearianna Posts: 7
    Options
    I have found a trick that really helps me when I can't stand the thought of one more glass of water. I fill a container with water and put some fresh mint and/or lemon quarters in it. Keep it nice and cold in the fridge, and it's really refreshing.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I count it as water as well as any herb tea I drink. I don't count diet sodas, coffee or regular tea as water.
  • laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    Yes it counts as water!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Yes, it counts- as long as it's not caffeinated, a liquid can count as water.

It's sort of like saying that putting dressing on your salad means you're not eating lettuce- because you are, just with some stuff added in.
    Happy drinking! =)
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i always count it as my water...i usually fill up a nalgene (64oz) and add just one packet...that way it is more h20 then flavor :) oh and target makes a really good sugar free raspberry packet that is zero calories :)
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have to get in at least 120 oz. of water in a day and there are days where I just can't stand to think I have to consume another 20 oz. bottled water lol.

What I do is the lemon wedges in my pure water a lot and that helps. But there are times I do add crystal light into my water but I watch how much of that I drink due to the sodium in it. I try to find the crystal light that has 0 sodium in it , which some flavors do and some don't.

Anyways "pure" water is the best way but there are days where I need to add some flavor!
  • vencellia
    vencellia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I dont since its not water entirely since water has nothing in it. But it is good lol.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I count it . . . couldn't make it without it. Love the green tea peach mango.
  • blackchick85
    Options
    I count it on my water intake, however i have gotten away from the Crystal Light Brand and i use the Target "Market Pantry" Brands that have no calories. They taste just as good if not better
  • redbedhead
    redbedhead Posts: 53
    Options
    my registered dietician says anything with less than 10 calories mixed in water counts as water. GO FOR IT!
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Just adding another source to the convo....Dr. Oz says any liquid that is calorie free and decaf counts as water. I love that man!