Low-Cal "Adult" Beverages!

Options
run_way
run_way Posts: 220
What is your favorite alcoholic drink that isn't packed with calories?

I'm not a fan of sugary drinks in general so I like to stick with simple, stiff drinks. Manhattans are my favorite, but this summer I have been trying Bacardi O with diet Sprite and it's very light and refreshing.

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Malibu and diet :love:
  • mfpchar
    mfpchar Posts: 29
    Options
    Dry White Wine (Sauvignon Blanc) or Vodka with Diet Cranberry Juice (not light but the diet) - Had to give up drinking for most part but if I do indulge on occasion, that's the one. Now if you out someplace that doesn't have Diet Cranberry Juice, as I can't imagine a bar having any, Dry White Wine seems better to me than Diet Soda mixed drinks. From what I can tell, the calorie difference is small enough to not worry about Dry White Wine, but of course, in moderation as calorie differences add up when you have multiples, ha ha.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    this is unrelated, but i just went to the fireball website cause that is what i will be drinking tonight, and was looking for a low cal recipe

and i found drinking games!!!!

http://www.drinksmixer.com/games/
  • run_way
    Options
    So I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but some days (like today) I really want to enjoy a bottle of wine in the evening, but that would be close to 500 calories :frown: .... I am seriously considering replacing my dinner with wine so that I can have the bottle and not go over my calorie limit. It's awful I know, but the Merlot is calling my name!!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Deborahjoy
    Options
    lisa f - you sound just like me when I counted weight watchers points - lite beer 2 pts, total points I could have for the day was 24 (that's 12 beers) and no food. Vodka & diet tonic water is pretty refreshing, too.
  • Ltheis3
    Ltheis3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Barcardi Limon with Diet Sprite is a very refreshing drink especially in the summer time.
  • richgirl81
    richgirl81 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    budweiser select 55 its 55 calories
  • run_way
    Options
    The only thing about that and beers like MGD 64 is that they cut way down on the alcohol content in order to get the calories down. A regular light beer is around 100 calories and the alcohol content is usually about 5-6%, but the super low-cal ones are only about 2.5%, so basically you have to drink twice as many to get a buzz from it.
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Now that it's so hot, I've been drinking Vinho Verde, a Portuguese wine. It's light and refreshing, and it's only 118 calories per serving - i.e. about the same as a beer but much more satisfying. :)
  • goodgollymissmolly
    goodgollymissmolly Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a light healthy dinner and 1 or 2 glasses of wine, rather than the whole bottle?
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    Champagne is 80 calories. Also, I make a margarita with tequila, fresh lime, fresh oj, agave nectar (or sugar), and soda water that is around 100.
  • goodgollymissmolly
    goodgollymissmolly Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sorry, computer issues
  • MsJena
    MsJena Posts: 5
    Options
    My favorite when I'm out is either wine or stoli blueberry (vodka) and club soda. I don't like sweet sugary drink anyway so I love this. However if it's too stiff for you then you can get it with diet sprite or even just a splash of cranberry. This drink is only about 90 calories and it had more alcohol than a beer :-) Very refreshing for summer!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Super Target sells a low cal margarita mix. So it is pretty low cal with the tequilla. It is really sour and I usually have to add a packet of sugar substitute to sweeten in up.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Super Target sells a low cal margarita mix. So it is pretty low cal with the tequilla. It is really sour and I usually have to add a packet of sugar substitute to sweeten in up.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I made Watermelon Daiquiri's tonight! I'm putting up the recipe and photo separately right now. Only 2 WW points!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Baja Bob has a website where they sell low cal (and no calorie) mixes. The only one i love so far is the margarita mix. I tried the cosmo mix, but think I'd just prefer to mix a summer drink of vodka & diet cranberry juice.

Wine: Make a wine spritzer with 1/2 wine, 1/2 diet 7-up.

Mojitos! My fave lately: fresh mint, splenda, club soda (i prefer diet 7-up) and rum; add lots of squeezed lime and ice

Obviously, I've put a little thought into this! :drinker:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    White wine is also a duiretic - it will make you go to the toilet more often and will dehydrate you - I know this because I will often have white wine when I go out if I am weight watching. Just have to make sure I have a pint of water beside my bed when I go asleep though, that headache from a hangover is awful :laugh:

It really does seem to get rid of excess fluid.
  • miss_t
    miss_t Posts: 1
    Options
    I will mix my drinks with pop and water. My favourite drink is a gin and tonic, so instead of mixing it with tonic only, i'll do half tonic, half water. Or, my other fave at the moment is peach vodka, sprite, and water... that way you're rehydrating at the same time!!!
  • AngelaAndrews
    Options
    if i know i'm going to be drinking that night, i'll try to eat light and get a good workout in earlier in the day lol. and just sticking to any kind of hard alcohol (my favorites are bacardi coconut and malibu coconut) mixed with your fav. diet soda, or doing shots with diet soda as a chaser... or for a treat malibu coconut mixed with fresh pineapple juice is sooo yummy.