Why am I nauseous during exercise all of a sudden?

Options
Hi there,
So I've always been fairly active and when I work out I do push myself. However, the past two weeks I've been feeling nauseous during my workouts and I can't figure out why. I usually eat 1-1.5 hours before exercising which has always worked well for me.
I'm eating about 1450 calories a day and would like to get more toned and muscular. Any ideas?
Lindsey

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I don't know why it would change for you since you have been eating before a workout and not getting naseous before, but I cannot workout with food in my stomach. it makes me sick every time. Maybe it did change?
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I get that way if I'm dehydrated.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Could you be preggers?
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Pregnant? (srs)
  • jwestonlee
    Options
    I've had this happen on my longer runs. Feel fine until mile 13 and then I get a sick feeling in my stomach. I've been drinking more water before and during the runs and it seems to help. Its worth asking your doctor though.
  • lindseyb317
    lindseyb317 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    nope, definitely not pregnant! i drink plenty of water. so frustrating!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I'd get a basic check-up. I am diabetic, and get nauseated if my blood sugar is high or low. You might just have a little bug, too. My mom had a weird inner ear thing that made her dizzy and nauseated fro weeks, but she didn't feel sick otherwise.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    What is your BMR? Is it 1450 NET calories or 1450 total calories?

Could be you're not eating enough.