Healthy Snacks

Options
CMenendez
CMenendez Posts: 62 Member
Need some ideas of some healthy snacks that are filling and also low in calories. Often times I will eat fruit but it seems to make me more hungry than satisfied. So just wondering what you all are eating for snack time. Let me know, looking forward to your ideas!!!

Replies

• caramel827
    caramel827 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This is nothing new but my favorite-100 calorie popcorn with a popcorn seasoning. I love the seasonings with many flavors to change it up for me! And keep it lo cal!
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Here are a few things I snack on and some of them I can take with me if I am on the go:

Quaker 90 calorie chewy granola bars
    Pretzels (with mustard or lite/ff ranch for a change)
    FF pudding or jello with a dab of whipped cream
    yogurt
    100 calorie pack of cheese with a few wheat thins
    strawberries with lite/ff whipped cream
    Quaker mini rice cakes (the sea salt and pepper are awesome)
    low calorie popcorn
    celery with peanut butter

These are a few. I hope it helps.
  • sunnyskys
    sunnyskys Posts: 43
    Options
    i like a cup of vanilla yogurt with a half cup of frozen mixed berries or frozen cherries, it is more filling than just the fruit, makes me feel like i am getting a real treat and tastes yummy. And the yogurt is a good source for protein and calcium and natural sugars from fruit are good for you too. A good thing all around
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Yea, you need something more substancial than fruit if you are still hungry.

1/4 c almonds
    some baby carrots with hummus
    any veggy . . . cause you can certainly have a decent portion of that
    yogurt - some are only 35 calories and you can put some sliced almonds on top or some extra fruit
    bit of natural peanut butter on a rice cake

some of my stand-bys . . .
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    1/2 of a cucumber peeled and sliced
    1/5 of a red onion sliced into slivers
    Combine the following in a small bowl:
    3 tablespoons of rice vinegar
    1 tablespoon of honey
    Stir the vinegar mixture well so all honey dissolves then pour over cukes and onion. Most liquid (and honey) will still be in the bottom of the bowl once you finish your veggies so it's very low cal and filling.

Light laughing cow cheese + Wheat Thin flatbreads

1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 large tomato diced
    1/2 cucumber
    1/4th red onion
    1/4 tsp Hidden Valley Dry Ranch Seasoning

Rainier Cherries! (nature's candy, just discovered this one recently and wow if you can find it in your grocery def try them)

1/2 of a MOJO peanut butter pretzel bar eaten slowly (savor the yummy flavor)

I'm sure there are plenty more that I eat, I'm kind of a snack a holic/grazer but manage to stay under my cals.
  • CMenendez
    CMenendez Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas! i will add them to my grocery list! :happy:
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I find that if I eat a few almonds, say 10, with my fruit snack that I don't get hungry after. It satisfies me until my next meal. Another yummy snack I eat is almond butter on celery. A little goes a long way.
  • kickitlarson
    kickitlarson Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Fruit makes you hungrier because your body is cravy that pure raw life force energy.

My favorite snacks that tides me over very well are:
    4 dates and 8 almonds to be exact. I smoosh two almonds into each date.
    couple tablespoons of hemp seed
    Tall glass of fresh squeezed oj - like 5 oranges
    raw almond milk with dates blended in and a touch of vanilla
    New FAVORITE: Tomatoes sliced with a basil leaf on each slice!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes I add in slices of cucumber for crunch

All very heavenly
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My new one I love is to have a banana with 1 tbs peanut butter.
    BUT I have been making a huge effort in adding veggies and I just tried a serving of carrots + 3 celery stalks with 1 wedge of laughing cow swiss cheese. It fills me up plus I get in veggies all for 100 calories!!