When do you log things eaten in the middle of the night?

Options
I'm a student who is often up really late studying. There is just no way that I would be able to stay awake and functioning at 2 in the morning without some sort of fuel (although of course I try to make sure that this fuel is healthy). My question is, how do you cut off your eating from one day to the next? Do you log everything before you go to sleep in one day and then once you wake up begins the next day, or do you start logging things for the next day right at midnight? I've been doing the latter, but it occurred to me that maybe I was supposed to be entering everything for one day as everything from when I wake up until when I go to sleep, which is usually after midnight. Thank you!

Replies

• Zandia_1
    Zandia_1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Easy: From 12:00:00 am to 11:59:59 pm. It doesn't matter if I've slept or not.
  • GnomeLover1984
    Options
    If I have room (calories unspent) at the end of previous the day, I log it there. If not, I log it under the new day.

~ Night Owl.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    12am -12am.

Id be lucky to have any calories left by 12am lol.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Where ever I have room I guess. I usually make the cut-off whenever I go to sleep but if I'm already over for the day then I sometimes add it on the next day. I care more about my weekly intakes rather than day-to-day.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I leave calories open for my night snacking,

But it's irrelevant. Just log it. Whether it's this day or the next day.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Me? When I go to bed. Makes no difference really. What ever suits you best!
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I have a separate section for "Random" and this is where I plow in late night munchies, coffee cream, spoonfuls of ice cream etc. If its late night eating I will put it in the current day if i have calories available, otherwise I will add it to the next day
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

yup
  • scottRN
    scottRN Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do Midnight to midnight. If its eaten at 1159pm It goes on today if its 1201am its tomorrow.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    I have my diary split by hours, (12:00am-5:59am, 6:00-11:59am, 12:00pm-5:59pm, and 6:00pm-11:59pm.) So i can't get confused.
  • Kanohane
    Kanohane Posts: 112 Member
    Options

yup
    Agreed
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I add them to the next day's log.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Foods eaten at midnight don't count.
  • ohyousillygirl
    ohyousillygirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I still consider it that day if I haven't gone to bed yet and that's how I log it. I sleep/ function at odd hours so doing the 12-12 thing wouldn't work for me at all.
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    I log it as the previous day. So say tonight at 3am I eat something, that counts as today, March 28, still. I do it this way because of my work schedule, I work 6pm-3am so that is still the same day to me -- It's not a new day for me unless i go to bed, and wake up the next morning LOL
  • DDCNY
    DDCNY Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends on when you start your day. I work from 1 - 10 each day and I take my breakfast and lunch to work with me. Since I don't eat breakfast until 1 pm, anything I eat before I go ed (around 4 am) gets logged on the same day.