Crystal Light = The Devil

Options
Soooo I am getting really sick of just drinking water all the time and would love to "jazz" it up with crystal light, but it has aspartame in it and I'm no longer using products that contain it. Are there other 0 calorie water flavorers that don't have aspartame? Maybe stevia?

Replies

• KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a Crystal Light liquid drink mix that doesn't have aspartame. I rarely ever use stuff in my water besides green tea (just add a tea bag to my water bottle for a few minutes) or lemon or lime juice. Rarely do I add anything else.

I had to stop drinking most of the Crystal Light (I had bought the apple martini mocktail and really liked the taste) because the aspartame in the drink was giving me migraines.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Dasani Drops has Sucralose as its sweetener, which is arguably not much better than aspartame but that's not what you asked :laugh:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Oops, double post!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Have you ever seen True Lemon, True Orange, True Grapefruit and True Lime? They are literally just crystallised citrus, they taste great, and there's no real or fake sugar at all. Just like squeezing fresh limes! I love them.

I just checked their website, and apparently they have lemonade and raspberry lemonade flavours with stevia too.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Try citrus. Like lemon wedge
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Target sells one called Simply Balanced by Archer Farms – they have a few flavors (apple & pear, strawberry & dragonfruit, blackberry & blueberry) and are sweetened with stevia.
  • princessdartany
    princessdartany Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    vitamin water zero is naturally sweetened
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Stevita is a company that makes flavored stevia drops that you can add to any beverage. Here's a link to one of the flavors they offer if you're interested.

http://www.vitacost.com/stevita-flavors-all-natural-flavored-stevia-peach?csrc=GPF-PA-617928004104&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=617928004104&gclid=CKrN-dzKoLYCFeN_Qgod4S8AJA

*Hope this helps!
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Awesome info! Bump for later!
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I really like Hint waters, though you have to just buy them by the bottle so that might not be as affordable an option. They are flavored with natural fruit oils. I love the watermelon, the cucumber, and the hibiscus/honeydew. They are lightly sweet but not in any way cloying. You could maybe buy a few and then split them -- add half a bottle to your regular water or something -- to stretch them. Or just order a case :)
  • DBubbs
    DBubbs Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the True Lime Black Cherry Limeade, and it's pretty good.