Restaurants and Losing Weight

Options
As a fast-food-aholic I've been very careful these last two weeks to not put myself in the position to eat food away from home. Tonight I am going out with my grandma for dinner. I made sure to do an extra workout today and I have allotted 900 calories for dinner. I'm looking for suggestions for eating out that still allow me to be happy with my day, and happy with my meal. Thoughts?

We're going for Mexican. :D

Replies

• baroqueviolin
    Options
    Yes! Get fajitas... shrimp or chicken... skip the tortillas and sour cream.. just eat the meat, veggies, lettuce, salsa and such... I do splurge and eat guacamole.... Stay away from the tortilla chips!
  • callybobuffalo
    Options
    Fish Tacos..
  • JENNY7634
    JENNY7634 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I always get a chicken fajita salad when we do mexican. Lots of places serve them in a tortilla bowl so I just dont eat that part. I ask for the sour cream on the side : )
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Water instead of a margarita
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Aim for the protein and avoid over-rich sauces, and think carefully about desert. Otherwise, enjoy the evening!
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I end up eating out often. Research the menu before you go. There are some surprisingly decent food items out there with moderate calorie totals. I avoid sugary drinks, fries and mayo.
  • tnsumner
    tnsumner Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I agree. I always download the nutritional information before I get to the restaurant. I decide what I'm having and then don't even look at the menu once I get there. That way you aren't tempted to change your mind.