Work/Office Functions and Resisting Temptation…

Options
Ahhh!!! I work in a large office and people have candy at their desk, catered food, bday cakes, donuts, bagels, etc. It’s like a tempting buffet zone. And today Pinkberry delivered goodies to promote their new greek yogurt. I’ve been doing great but Pinkberry!!! Ooo man ~ I was literally talking to myself in the kitchen (hope none of my co-workers heard me LOL) “You have weight in tomorrow so it’s your choice. Yes, it’s good but all those toppings have calories and lots of sugar!” Sooo I made a deal with myself… I grabbed one mini cup, got to my desk, took 2 bites and tossed it in the trash. I was able to have a little taste so I don’t think about it all night and I didn’t over indulge. Thank Goodness!!! One Day at a Time ~ Smile :smile:

Replies

• tiffsting
    tiffsting Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good for you for not gorging yourself! Sometimes, all it takes is a bite or two to get it out of your head. Luckily for me, my company is small and the lady I work with is a complete health nut, so I don't have to worry....... but family functions and friend get togethers are a WHOLE other story. lol It takes some serious willpower to say no sometimes!
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Today a really sweet woman who works with our department brought in exquisite cupcakes from some upscale bakery. She wanted to thank us for all the work we'd done for her this week; it's been insane. I'm on 5:2 fasting and this is a fast day, so I took a cupcake home and I'll enjoy it tomorrow. If goodies are brought in on non-fast day, I might have half a cookie or a small slice of cake. I've found that if you cut yourself a small piece of something there's usually a taker for the rest of it!

We also have birthday treats and I'm in charge of some for Monday. The celebrant is a new motherwho gained way too much during her pregnancy and is back on Weight Watchers, so she's requested fruit along with the home-baked cookies my husband is making. Fortunately, we're a pretty health-conscious group so no one looks at you funny if you turn something down.
  • 1111OneLove
    1111OneLove Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! I'm taking it one day at a time. I'm soo thankful I didn't overdue it and it showed in my weigh-in this morning ;)' ~ Love it!!! Thank you so much for all your support. Have a Wonderful Day! Smile ;)'
  • CoffeeLush
    CoffeeLush Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My job is to find Chefs for upscale restaurants. No chain restaurants; we're talking farmer's market fresh ingredients and amazing Chefs.

That means my office is FULL of food. In fact, my personal office sits directly across from our Test Kitchen. Last night was a 14 course tasting (fortunately, I didn't have to attend) and today there are homemade English muffins, blueberry cobbler, and a lemon curd tart (lemon pastries are my weakness). There also seems to be an assortment of other leftover savory courses in the fridge as well.

It is taking all my willpower not to dip into those. I made myself coffee and indulged in half a packet of Splenda to give myself something sweet.

We also have a Chef coming by at lunch who is starting her own catering business and wanted us to try out her goods. I'm hoping there is a salad somewhere in there.