Changing Taste Buds?

Options
So it's Good Friday here and I just had 2 chocolate hot cross buns for breakfast, like I do every year. As I was eating them, I was struck by a weird, completely unfamiliar thought.

They tasted too sweet.

Bear in mind, before I started on MFP, I was a chocoholic. Like, eating a family block in one sitting 4-5 times a week chocoholic. Where others were eating sweet cakes and surrendering after a few mouthfuls, I could just power on through. I never, ever thought I'd find anything tasted too sweet. But today, after 3 months of eating good, clean foods and minimising my chocolate to only a row (4 squares) a day, it happened. I guess changing your diet really can change what your body likes!

Has anyone else had similar things happen? What don't you like the taste of now that you used to love?

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I used to live for a snickers bar. Hadn't had one for over a year and then a few days ago my husband bought a bag of them. I had one and thought OMG this is disgusting!! How the heck did I ever like these?
  • ggirls08
    ggirls08 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue with Kettle potato chips yesterday. They just didn't taste good, and before I couldn't stop eating them.
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You bet! Not just super processed candy either. Canned food is horrible to me now. Fast food~ I'm over it. So grateful tho =)
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Mine have changed for the better. I still love chocolate, fast food, and beer---but I also love asparagus, spinach, peppers, Brussels sprouts, etc.--most of which I would touch in my 20's.
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I had a sip of Vanilla Coke the other day and I was shocked to hear myself say "Ew- that's way too sweet"
    I remember at my heaviest thinking "Wow, I wish I was one of those people that thought things were 'too sweet'...nothing is too sweet for me" ._. So that's good!
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Over the past year, I've done a lot more from-scratch cooking, so my husband and I don't tend to eat a lot of processed foods. Now when we do, we really notice how "salty" they can taste.